The start of September will see the addition of extended late-night service hours for BC Transit buses.
Starting September 3rd, the following bus schedules will be extended by one hour at night:
- 4 UVic/Downtown
- 6 Downtown/Royal Oak Exchange
- 14 UVic/Vic General
- 15 Esquimalt/UVic
- 27 Gordon Head/Downtown
- 28 Majestic/Downtown
- 50 Langford/Downtown
Additionally, BC Transit and the Victoria Regional Transit Commission have also announced service changes and improvements for several other routes, including:
- 26 Dockyard/UVic: service frequency improvements (all service days)
- 32 Royal Oak/Cordova Bay: weekend frequency improvements
- 39 Westhills/Interurban/Royal Oak/UVic: service frequency improvements (all days)
“These service improvements are a direct result of the growing ridership numbers we are seeing in our region. By making public transit a safe and convenient option, we anticipate those numbers to grow even more, said Susan Brice, Chair of Victoria Regional Transit Commission, in a statement.
- BC Transit’s live bus-tracking system launches in Victoria today
- Victoria students under 18 years old will be getting free BC Transit passes this fall
To help keep up with this rise in ridership demand, there will be eight new heavy-duty buses added to the fleet.
Route 14 Vic General/UVic will remain on detour using the Johnson Street Bridge until further notice. Route 10 James Bay/Royal Jubilee will remain on detour until construction is complete.
As the school session begins, transit buses servicing post-secondary and secondary schools will return to their regular schedules.