From little planes to dazzling fireworks, don’t let the clouds hold you back from having an awesome weekend.
Here are 8 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend:
For the second year in a row, Uptown is hosting their annual Summer Market – a carefully curated event of only the best locally made goods Vancouver Island has to offer.
- When: Saturday, August 10th and Saturday, August 24th – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Uptown Boulevard, 3440 Saanich Road
Take a stroll through Saxe Point Park for a spectacular evening of aerial dance performances that weave through the massive tress of the park.
The beauty of Canada’s west coast mixes with incredible choreography high in the air above you. If you can’t make it tonight, don’t worry, there will be another performance on Saturday. Don’t forget to bring your own seating!
- When: Saturday, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Saxe Point Park, Esquimalt
The 25th annual Victoria Dragon Boat Festival is now in full swing! Cheer on dragon boat teams competing for special 25-year-commemorative medals and pins, plus cash prizes ranging from $250 to $2500 all in downtown Victoria’s Harbour!
- When: All day Saturday and Sunday – see schedule
- Where: Victoria Harbour
This free weekly-weekend market features high-quality artist-made goods, delicious food trucks, and some of Victoria’s finest local musicians.
- Friday: 6:00 – 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday (Long weekends only): 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Monday (Long weekends only): 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Inner Harbour, 100-1019 Wharf Street
Hosted by the Victoria RC Modelers Society, the Largest Little Air Show features non-stop flying demonstrations on a smaller scale than what folks are used to.
The event draws thousands of spectators and over 30 pilots each year. Victorians are invited to head out to Mitchell Park on Lochside Drive to watch a thrilling sky spectacle!
Admission by donation. Concession is cash only! Bring lawn chairs; a cooler full of goodies is acceptable too!
- When: August 10th & 11th, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Lochside Drive, between Martindale Rd & Island View Road
The Victoria HarbourCats are entering their final weekend of the regular season tonight, chasing at least a pair of West Coast League attendance records. There will be fireworks following Saturday’s game!
- Saturday, August 10 – 6:35pm vs. Port Angeles Lefties (Fireworks night)
- Sunday, August 11 – 1:00pm vs. Port Angeles Lefties
- Where: Royal Athletic Park, 1014 Caledonia Ave
Every summer since 1977, Butchart Gardens have put on a brilliant weekly fireworks display, and this year is no different.
Butchart Gardens summer hours are 8:45 am to 10:00 pm, but the gardens remain open for an hour after the admissions gate closes.
Access to the fireworks and subsequent events are included in general admission. So you can explore the Gardens to your heart’s content before settling in for the show.
- When: Saturday – fireworks start at 9:15 p.m. (see full schedule)
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
Hosted by the Torque Masters Car Club, the annual Sidney Summer Car Show will showcase over 300 custom vehicles, from cars, to trucks, to motorcycles and more on Beacon Avenue, from 5th Street all the way down to the waterfront.
- When: Sunday, August 11th, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Sidney, Beacon Avenue between 5th Street and the waterfront
Check back on this list as we add more!