With unlicensed cannabis dispensaries closing across the city, Victoria is set to open its 6th legal private cannabis retailer this weekend.
Opening on Saturday morning, the new dispensary will be Clarity Cannabis’ second storefront in Victoria, and will be located at 855 Johnson Street.
To celebrate the branch’s grand opening, Clarity Cannabis will be giving away free merch to the first 50 people who walk through their door, regardless of whether or not they make a purchase.
This includes shirts, matches, pens, and “potentially hats”, according to the company.
- Victoria’s first two legal private cannabis dispensaries are now open
- Victoria’s newest cannabis dispensary is opening on Gorge Road East this Saturday
- Victoria staff seek Council approval for five cannabis dispensaries
Clarity Cannabis is just one of three cannabis businesses in Victoria that have been granted a license to sell marijuana products by the province.
The other businesses include Cloud Nine — which has a location on Fort Street — and the Original Farm — which has two locations, one on Douglas Street and one on Scott Street.
The opening of Clarity Cannabis’ second location comes roughly two weeks after the provincial government shut down a number of unlicensed cannabis retailers across Victoria, including all 7 Trees Island Grown stores.
On the same day that the province carried out their raids, BC opened its first government cannabis retail store on Vancouver Island.
For now, people looking to purchase some legal weed can visit the grand opening of Clarity Cannabis and score some free merch this Saturday, August 17th!
- All Trees Cannabis locations in Victoria are closed after second raid by province
- Vancouver Island’s first government-run BC Cannabis Store opened today (PHOTOS)
- When: Saturday, August 17th, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Clarity Cannabis, 855 Johnson Street