The Vancouver Canucks touched down in Victoria last night, kicking off their first day of Training Camp at our very own Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre this morning at 9 a.m.
Nearly a full roster hit the ice today, with big names like Horvat, Hughes and Pettersson taking drills and and demonstrating their pre-season skill for excited onlookers. Brock Boeser – who is still in the midst of contract negotiation with the Canucks – was one notable player missing from the practices.
Canucks’ players practiced in three groups, each taking part in on-ice work that included line rushes, drills, and the ever-popular bag-skate – which coach Travis Green is infamous for, and was met with enthusiastic cheers from the players upon completion.
- Vancouver Canucks to hold training camp at Victoria’s Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
- Tickets for Canucks Training Camp at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre are now on sale
Though the Canucks Training Camp began today, it will continue through the weekend, finishing with their sold-out first pre-season bout versus the Calgary Flames also happening right here in Victoria, this Monday, September 16th.
Tickets for the Training Camp are still available and can be purchased online, costing only $5.00 with in-and-out privileges allowed.
Take a look at these 12 photos from today’s Vancouver Canucks Training Camp:
Vancouver Canucks Training Camp Schedule:
Saturday, September 14th
- 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. – On-ice practices
- 10:10-11:00 a.m. – Scrimmage
Sunday, September 15th
- 10:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m. – On-ice practices
- 11:10 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Scrimmage
- Saturday, September 14th, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 15th, 10 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods-Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Tickets: Available for purchase at SOFMC’s Select Your Tickets Box Office, as well as online