Summer is quickly coming to a close, make sure to get out and enjoy it while it lasts. Here are 5 things to in and around Victoria today, Friday the 13th.
The Vancouver Canucks training camp will be held at Victoria’s Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre from September 13th to 15th, and following this the Canucks will host the Calgary Flames for a sold-out NHL Pre-Season game on Monday, September 16th.
- When: Friday, September 13th, 9 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 14th, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 15th, 10 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods-Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
The legendary groove band from the Steamers Sunday night sessions is coming to jam on The Barge! Kuba is bringing the Velvet crew down to drop the funk, soul and improv house jams. You can expect a few of the Kuba Oms hits sprinkled into the sets. Be sure to bring your dancing shoes for this one!
- When: 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Breakwater Barge, 201 Dallas Road
Celebrating 110 years of Fall Fairs in the Western Communities. From rides to Sand drags – there’s ton to do for everyone.
- When: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Also taking place all day Saturday and Sunday)
- Where: Luxton Fairgrounds