From open mic nights to even a pinball league, here are 5 things to do to beat the Monday blues in and around Victoria today, Monday September 16th!
Come showcase your talent, whether it’s music, comedy, dance, spoken word or poetry! Registration begins at 8:30 p.m. with the showcase starting at 9 p.m. and continuing until late, and Pete will have some instruments to get some jams going.
- When: Registration at 8:30 p.m., show starts at 9 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414 Douglas Street
Join endūr for a free social 5km run every Monday at 6 p.m. The Run takes place on the flat route along the Lochside and Galloping Goose trails, and welcomes all runners, dogs, and fitness levels. They have a no pressure vibe, and no one is left behind!
- When: 6 p.m.
- Where: Meet at endūr store (104-3680 Uptown Blvd) at 6 p.m. or 6:10 at bike rack near Lochside and Galloping Goose Junction.
Have you moved to Victoria in the past few years? Are you finding it challenging to make new connections? If that’s you, this event is PERFECT for you.
Life Coach Sue Maitland has been helping newcomers settle comfortably into Victoria for many years, and she’s designed a fun ways that make it easy to connect with others!
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Moxies Restaurant (Upper Room), 1010 Yates Street
Victoria Storytellers’ Guild is launching their 2019-2020 season of live storytelling with stories about what “ALMOST” was..
Tea and goodies available at the break, tickets $5 at the door, or become a member!
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: 1831 Fern Street
What’s better than playing pinball? Joining a pinball LEAGUE! After Quazar’s sizzlin’ summer start up, they’re going full steam ahead with Womxn’s IFPA Sanctioned Leagues!
Starting on September 16th, they will have the first IFPA Sanctioned Womxn’s League night of the season! Be sure to come check in at 6:45 p.m. to secure a spot as game play begins at 7 p.m. sharp.
- When: 6:45 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Quazar’s Arcade, 1215 Government Street