From the last few market nights, to comedy and more, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Wednesday September 11th:
The Oak Bay Village Night Market Season is not over! The final night market of the season is in September and with the extended summer weather there will be lots of great produce available.
Join them for a huge range of seasonal produce and preserves as well as original jewelry, artwork and other things of beauty created by their vendors.
- When: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Oak Bay Village, along Oak Bay Avenue
Every 2nd Wednesday, Just Transition Arts will be hosting a drop-in afternoon of artivism with their friends at the Victoria Event Centre.
This is a fun afternoon of offline, hands-on, community-driven art with all supplies provided (by donation). Drop-in anytime between 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. every second Wednesday, unless otherwise posted!
- When: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
The funniest night of the week is Wednesday at The Mint! Each week Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring the most hilarious comedian’s in the city together for a wonderful evening of fun at the best venue for stand up comedy in Victoria.
- When: Doors at 7 p.m., show at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414 Douglas Street
- Tickets: $7 online, $10 at the door
Come check out all the amazing clubs and course unions the University of Victoria Student Society has to offer (and maybe even sample a few of the treats provided by clubs as incentive to sign up)! Clubs and course unions are a great way to get involved in your campus community and with over 175 clubs, there’s something for everyone!
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Student Union Building, 3800 Finnerty Road
They supply a 16” x 18” stained cedar sign, your pre-selected stencil choice and paint. Their assistants are on-hand to lead you through every step. At the end, you will have a custom wood sign that you will be proud to hang in your home or office for years to come.
– One Signature handmade sign per person
– A Pre-cut stencil saying and design ( 24 choices )
– Acrylic paints & stencil brushes
– Stencil utensils & more!
– Includes 2hrs of instruction
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Ma Miller’s Pub, 2903 Sooke Lake Road
- Tickets: $55 per person, available online