From Vancouver Canuck Training Camps to the Luxton Fall Fair, here are 9 things to do in and around Victoria this September weekend.
The Vancouver Canucks training camp will be held at Victoria’s Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre from September 13th to 15th, and following this the Canucks will host the Calgary Flames for a sold-out NHL Pre-Season game on Monday, September 16th. Tickets are still available for training camp.
- When: Friday, September 13th, 9 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 14th, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 15th, 10 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods-Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Every September, the Burnside Gorge Community Association host the Gorge Waterway Cleanup. Scores of volunteers come out to pitch in and remove debris from the water and shoreline along the Gorge. This improves the habitat for local wildlife and the look of the area for local residents and community members. Everyone is invited.
Volunteers will clean the shoreline along the Gorge Waterway and a volunteer dive team will retrieve debris from the ocean floor. Bring your own boots and gloves if you can or borrow ours. There will be all of our hard work with a hot lunch and snacks.
If you are interested in participating in this great event as a volunteer, a participating group or a community sponsor, contact Travis Chater at 250-388-5251, ext 225 or email [email protected]
- When: Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: Burnside Gorge Community Association, 471 Cecelia Road
The one you’ve all been waiting for: it’s our 2019 Season Finale! Warm up your derby-watching muscles with the Rotten Apples Junior Roller Derby Showcase. The Apples have been working hard all season and will be showing off their skills!
Belles of the Brawl will battle to hold onto the Calamity Cup from the thirsty The Margarita Villains. After a handsome beat down by the Brawlers in 2018, the Villains are restless to see their name back on the trophy!
- When: Friday, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
Celebrating 110 years of Fall Fairs in the Western Communities. From rides to Sand drags – there’s ton to do for everyone.
- Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Luxton Fairgrounds in Langford
Pacific FC will be facing FC Edmonton at Langford’s very own Westhills Stadium at 12 p.m. this Saturday, hoping to secure a win following a loss their last game.
- When: Saturday, September 14th at 12 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
- Tickets: Start at $18 each – available for purchase online
This community-based body-positive movement education centre has two stunning studio’s that feature Springboard group classes that you can not find anywhere else on the island! It is an innovative piece of equipment. The separate springs emphasize asymmetries, as you challenge your extremities independently. The springboard creates infinite functional movement combinations that are certain to challenge both newbies and seasoned movement practitioners alike. Not only do we have Springboards but also Reformers, Burlesquercise, Pilates, Barre, Yoga and much more!
September 14th & 15th – Both days all activities and classes are FREE!
- Free mini-classes (30 minutes)
- Full classes (60 minutes)
- Open-house both days from 12 -4 with opportunities to mingle with the community, learn what makes us so unique, and try some of our equipment!
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where:127-2745 Veterans Memorial Parkway
The HUMP! Film Festival has been bringing audiences a new kind of porn since 2005. The festival features short dirty movies—each less than five minutes—all created by people who aren’t porn stars but want to be one for a weekend. The filmmakers and stars show us what they think is hot and sexy, creative and kinky, their ultimate turn-ons and their craziest fantasies.
The carefully curated program is a cornucopia of body types, shapes, ages, colours, sexuality, genders, kinks, and fetishes—all united by a shared spirit of sex-positivity. HUMP! is a celebration of creative sexual expression. You will see films at HUMP! that shock, that make you laugh, and you will see films that turn you on. You will also be touched by the sincerity and vulnerability with which these films are lovingly made.
- When: Saturday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 8:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to midnight
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
Back in action at Westhills on Sunday will be the Westshore Rebels, teaming up against the Valley Huskers at 1 p.m. in support of Youth Football! All youth football players who wear their team jersey will get in for free. There will be special seating, $10 youth Rebels shirts and half-time fun.
- When: Sunday, September 15th at 1 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
Defence on the Dock is returning to Ogden Point and it’s all free. Some of the things you’ll see include ship tours, RHIB rides, Fireboat, displays/demonstrations and a talent show!
- When: Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Ogden Point Terminal, 189 Dallas Rd