From planning your next travel destination to cheering on the Victoria Royals, make the last weekend of September a good one!
Here are 17 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, September 28th– 29th:
The Ultimate World Travel Show is being held at Sidney’s Mary Winspear Centre on Saturday, September 28th and presented by Vision Travel – a Virtuoso travel agency where you can get exclusive offers, amenities, upgrades and extras that you can’t get anywhere else.
The Ultimate World Travel Show has FREE admission and parking, and with dozens of travel providers on hand and available, the options for adventure are practically limitless.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue W, Sidney
- When: Saturday, September 28th – 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
In just a couple of informative hours you can learn about fire safety, enjoy interactive activities for children including extinguishing a fire alongside our Fire Department crew members, a colouring station and a bouncy castle (weather permitting).
- When: Saturday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where: 500 Park Place in Esquimalt
It’s the most wonderful time of the year once more, and the WHL’s season has officially commenced – with our very own Royals kicking it off with their second home game of the season against division rivals the Prince George Cougars.
- When: Saturday, September 28th – 7:05 p.m. puck drop.
- Where: Save-on-Foods Memorial Center, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Tickets: Available at the box office, or online
Last chance of the season to come out and have fun turning laps in your car. Let those hard-working crew members have a chance behind the wheel.
- When: Saturday, September 28th – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Western Speedway, 2207 Millstream Road
An evening of stand-up comedy featuring some of Victoria’s funniest people: Curran Dobbs, Kirsten Van Ritzen, Drew Farrance, Mark Robertson, David Bruce, Zane Oak, Evan Roberts,
Jeff Corntassel and Evan Mumford.
- When: Saturday, September 28th – Doors open 8:00 p.m.
- Where: The Fernwood Inn, 1302 Gladstone Avenue
It is that time again for the Annual Exotic Glow & Flow Workshop. This is for pole dancers wanting to enjoy the sexy movement journey through body paint, Exotic Russian Pole Dance combos and free time to explore the movements and video tape yourself! Wear your UV Neon Outfits and come get ready to Glow & Flow with us
This all new Baby & Family Fair is coming to Pearkes Arena this weekend and it promises to be a fun family affair for all who attend.
The first of its kind in Victoria, the Baby & Family Fair will give you a chance to shop specifically for products for your entire family under one roof – you will also have an opportunity to talk with professionals who can help to answer your questions.
- Saturday, September 28th – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, September 29th – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Tickets: $5 per person – $8 for weekend pass, kids under 12 get in free! Available at the door and online
An evening celebrating African culture through music, food, fashion, and dance, with a special live performance by Adama Bilorou.
Bilorou has previously performed alongside greats Carlos Santana, Manu Dibango, Marcus Miller, and many more artists across the globe.
- When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
The official after party for The Spirit of African Night! Party into the early morning while listening to an encore live performance of MANDINGO EXPERIENCE by Adama Bilorou.
- When: Saturday, 10:00 p.m – 1:59 a.m.
- Where:Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Victoria’s open stage all ages drag show with an incredible line up right in the heart of Quadra Village. Delicious drinks, coffee, and food will also be available at the venue.
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Caffe Fantastico, 965 Kings Road
Deepend presents the second episode of the Twin Peaks themed party with special performances by Magdalaina, J Feud, Lacey, and grammy nominated DJ/Producer James Teej.
- When: Saturday, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Copper Owl, 1900 Douglas Street
Do you love sustainable, stylish eco-fashion? How about wearable pieces featuring upcycled ocean plastic, or a custom-tailored garment specifically made just for you?
With Future Oceans’ newest pop-up at Victoria’s Bay Centre, that could be a reality! The Future Oceans Eco-Boutique & Learning Lab launched last week and it runs until September 30th, featuring six new eco-fashion lines.
- When: Open now until September 30th – all Bay Centre hours
- Where: Bay Centre lower level, next to centre court – 1150 Douglas Street
- Register: Full schedule of workshops and registration available online
Victoria-based Electra Pole Art Productions presents brings you an exhibition of the aerial artistry that challenges social convention through defiance of gravity.
With a wide array of performers who celebrate magic through movement, you will be captivated and spellbound by this daring act of strength and will.
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Metro Studio Theatre, 1411 Quadra Street
Learn West African Grooves on your instrument of choice. Adama loves teaching African Grooves to Classical, Jazz, and Folk, artists alike. Vocalists and Dancers are welcome
- When: Sunday at 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where: Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, 3220 Cedar Hill Road
Vancouver Island staple Merridale Cidery and Distillery is all set to host the third annual Cider Harvest Festival on September 29th at their Cobble Hill estate.
This year, the festival will include 14 craft cideries from across the province pouring the best farm-crafted ciders in the region.
While buses for Nanaimo and Ladysmith are now sold out, patrons can still find all remaining tickets and bus schedules at this website.
- When: Sunday, September 29th
- Where: Merridale Cidery & Distillery, 1230 Merridale Road
- Admission: Tickets cost $35. Click here to purchase.
A night of boogie, hip hop, funk, and disco that will keep you on the dance floor to the early hours of the morning. Woodhead, Thom Banks, and Primitive are on the decks for a night made for anyone looking to dance and groove to late-night Sunday music.
- When: Sunday, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Copper Owl, 1900 Douglas Street
Come down and celebrate 50 years of service with this local community organization for Victoria’s indigenous peoples. There will be lunch, cake, dance, song, activities for the children, and much more.
- When: Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Native Friendship Centre, 231 Regina Ave