From two of Victoria’s greatest festivals to fitness fun and more, there is plenty to do and see in and around the city this weekend!
Check out these 11 things to do in and around Victoria this first full weekend of September:
The Great Canadian Beer Festival (GCBF) is coming back to the Royal Athletic Park in Victoria this weekend. This local event is one of the oldest beer festivals in Canada and 2019 marks its 27th year running.
A variety of local food trucks will also be on hand to help you soak up all those beverages, including Taco Justice, Roast, Ali Baba, Deadbeetz, and more.
- When: Saturday, September 7th, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Royal Athletic Park, 1014 Caledonia Ave
Modelling themselves off of the Great Canadian Beer Festival, The Drake Eatery has decided to showcase some of their favourite brews from our friends south of the border.
- When: Saturday, September 7th – Sunday, September 8th, 11:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Where: The Drake Eatery, 517 Pandora Ave
Back again this year with 6 awesome Rib Teams, the best local craft brews, wine, cider and live music. FREE admission, FREE music, FREE kids zone. Bring the whole family.
- When: September 7th – 8th, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Bullen Park, 1150 Lyall Street
This brand new pilates and barre studio just recently opened its doors, and to celebrate, they’re throwing a grand opening bash! Stop by and check out what #booychurch is all about.
- When: Saturday, September 7th, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: 119-866 Goldstream Avenue
Happening for its 25th year, this annual event is sponsored by Old English Car Club – South Island Branch. This year’s venue is Government House – so head on down and check out some beautiful classic English cars on a sunny Saturday!
- When: Saturday, September 7th, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: B.C. Government House, 1401 Rockland Avenue
Join CFB Esquimalt for a fun day filled with live music, interactive activities, displays and a market place. This all-ages event is sure to impress and have something for everyone in the family!
- When: Saturday, September 7th, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Naden 5 CFB Esquimalt
Mia Pasta just opened at Mayfair Shopping Centre and it’s a must try! Choose your own adventure with an array of pasta choices, sauces, toppings and more.
- When: Hours of operation – open all Mayfair Shopping Centre hours
- Where: Food court (next to New York Fries), Mayfair Shopping Centre, #221-3147 Douglas Street
The Victoria Conservatory of Music invites the whole community to join in their musical fun when it throws open the doors on Saturday, and welcomes visitors for a day full of learning about all they have to offer.
- When: Saturday, September 7th – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: 900 Johnson Street
A fun day and that’s free for the whole family! Starting off with a five-kilometre run/walk, there are valuable prizes (fresh Metchosin produce) for fastest in all age classes and terrific draw prizes. There will be pancakes for sale for runners, vendors, volunteers and the public.
- When: Sunday, September 8th – 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Metchosin Municipal Grounds, 4450 Happy Valley Road
Hilarious meme page Victoria Tourist Memes is hosting a bash to celebrate the end of another busy summer working with tourists – time to blow off some steam with your fellow locals and hospitality/service industry friends!
- When: Sunday, September 8th at 9:00 p.m
- Where: The Commons, 620 Humboldt Street
Since 2010, Tweed Ride Victoria has been organizing rides throughout the city, where riders dress in tweed or smart-looking outfits and finish the ride with a signature tea and picnic. It’s a fun opportunity to celebrate a bygone era and tour our beautiful city by bicycle.
- When: Sunday, September 8th – 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Willows Beach, Dalhousie Street & Beach Drive
- Tickets: $15 – can be purchased online