It’s the last weekend before Hallow’s Eve, and there are plenty of spooky (and non-spooky!) events happening to get you in the mood.
Here are 17 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend:
Learn about the haunted history of the CFB Esquimalt while also trick or treating with local Dockyard residents. All ages are welcome, but space is limited so make sure to register early!
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Dockyard, CFB Esquimalt, Naden 5 CFB Esquimalt
Are you looking for work, or want to make some extra cash for the holidays?
Maybe you love working with people and want a job that lets you interact with as many as possible? Westshore Town Centre is hosting a Job Expo and all are welcome to apply! All you need to do is bring your resume and be prepared to fill out application forms – and possibly even be interviewed on the spot.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre (near the play area between Out of Bounds Sports and Suzanne’s ), 2945 Jacklin Road
A themed swim filled with tricks and some treats! A family friendly swim for all with prize, plus the Wibit and a slide will be open.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Panorama Recreation, 1885 Forest Drive
Come watch the Victoria Royals take on the Kamloops Blazers and celebrate their mascot Marty the Marmot’s birthday while you’re there!
All his furry mascot friends will be there, and you can grab a free slice of birthday cake at Gate 1 at the conclusion of the game (limited quantities available).
- When: Saturday, October 26th – puck drop at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Dress up and join Indigo for a Halloween parade! Make your own colour changing slime and hunt for treasure in a Foam Alive demo. A perfect Halloween event for children 5 and up!
- When: Saturday, October 26th
Doors open at 10:50 a.m., Event begins at 11:00 a.m
- Where: Indigo Books Mayfair, 3147 Douglas Street
Didn’t make it to Nevada to storm the gates? It’s okay, Upstairs Cabaret and Wax Candy have you covered. A night filled with drink specials, music, aliens, and spooky government experiments.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Upstairs Cabaret, #15 Bastian Square
Groove Kitchen will be performing funky, soulful, and latin hits for a Hallowe’en shindig that will be hard to match. You can expect lively reinventions of songs by Earth, Wind, and Fire, James Brown, Boz Scaggs, Bruno Mars, and more.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club Inc, 753 View Street
- What:An 80s themed Halloween party with cash prizes for Best Costume and live music from BiPolar Bear Cover Band. Dress Hopper, 11, Dustin, Erica, or come as your own creation.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Where: Darcy’s Pub Westshore, 737 Goldstream Avenue
Along with the over 90 local handmade and vintage exhibitors, you can enjoy delicious eats from a selection of Victoria’s finest food trucks such as Taco Revolution, sweet treats from places like the famed Sidney Scones, and Hoyne Brewing will even be there to provide beer on tap!
- When: Saturday, October 26th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney
- Tickets: $5 for day passes at the door
This interactive event dares you to be bold and walk amongst the monsters that lurk in the corn maze.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Saanichton Corn Maze, 7979 Central Saanich
The zombie apocalypse is coming to downtown Victoria as some of the city’s goriest creatures come out of hiding in search of some delicious brains.
To join them, rip up some clothes, bathe in some blood (preferably fake), and show off your most treacherous, horrifying face possible.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
The annual pumpkin carving event is happening at Millstream Village! From noon until 2 p.m. children 12 and under will receive a free pumpkin to carve. Bbq by donation, warm beverages from Serious coffee, free facepainting and so much more!
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Millstream Village Shopping Centre, 2401 Millstream Road
Come join hundreds of talented tattoo artists from across the globe in a weekend full of entertainment and inspiration. Featuring TV’s Inkmasters, live shows, shopping, contests and so much more!
- When: Saturday, October 26th -12 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, October 27th, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road
They creep, they crawl, and may even give you the willies! Meet a variety of 6 legged, 8 legged and even no legged creatures and find out about their amazing adaptations and how many of them help us out. You might even meet Aunt Nancy the tarantula! Admission by donation.
- When: Sunday, October 27th, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary Society, 3873 Swan Lake Road
Ghosts, goblins, princesses, fairies, astronauts, and other Halloween favourites are all welcome. Take a spin on the ice in your costume at this Halloween themed skating event. Don’t forget to bring your bag to trick or treat!
- When: Sunday, October 27th, 12 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Where: Panorama Recreation, 1885 Forest Drive
Join over 3000 non-profit organizations in Greater Victoria to do some shopping in the “Harvest Market” or wander through the “Too Cute To Spook Wicked Kid Zone” while listening to Halloween tunes to get you in the spirit.
- When: Sunday, October 27th, 12:00 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Between Humbolt Street & Yates Street
Horror, gore, tassels, heels, and rhythm all merge together for an epic burlesque showdown. Featuring the burlesque talents of Devaiya Ra, Gala Vega, Keith Williams, Kibble ‘n’ Bits, Hazel Nuez, and more. There will also be featuring a special performance by musical duo Zonnis.
- When: Sunday, October 27th, 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street