A long weekend filled with food, musicals, beer-related festivities, and much more.
Here is our list of things to do in and around Victoria this Thanksgiving Long Weekend:
Fresh to Death: Victoria’s Harvest Celebration of Fresh Hop Beer
Come join this celebration of seasonal hoppy beers featuring over 20 breweries from all over the province!
- When: Saturday, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Roundhouse at Bayview Place, 253 Esquimalt Road
Sit back and experience the original musical that combines over 8 million individual stories about New York City with doses of humour along the way.
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Sunset Labs, 400 Herald Street
Kids Mega Sale
Are you in the market for kids’ toys, books, shoes, bouncy chairs, cribs, or strollers?
Make your way down to this mega sale hosted by Vancouver Island Multiple Births Association, but come early to get your hands on items while supplies last.
- When: Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road
Pumpkin hunters and Halloween enthusiasts, your time of the year has finally arrived. Get into the Halloween spirit with Hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a corn maze, petting farm, haunted house, and much more.
- When: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Hosted by Galey Farms Corn Maze, 4150 Blenkinsop Road
6th Annual Thanksliving Vegan Community Potluck
Enjoy all the perks of Thanksgiving without the meat in this community celebration potluck that is centered around Vegan dishes.
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: The Very Good Butchers, #6 1701 Douglas Street
Fake Ghost Tours
Join amateur ghost hunters Abdul and Shawn as they take you through a fake haunted tour at the Royal BC Museum.
- When: Saturday, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00
- 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- 9:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
John Fogerty – My 50 Year Trip
Experience a Woodstock inspired evening with John Fogerty’s anniversary show that brings alive the sounds and spirit of 1969!
- When: Saturday, 8 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Drag Bingo Halloween Edition
Electra Socket and guest Woofie Goldberg give you a night of Pre-Halloween Bingo with chances to win prizes while also supporting the Youth OUTreach Ticket program.
- When: Saturday, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Paparazzi Nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
National Adoption Weekend
Looking for a furry companion doesn’t need to be “ruff”, and Flirting with Fido will show you how you can adopt one looking for a good home.
Make your way down to Bosley’s on Burnside for National Adoption Weekend for this 3 day event that will have dogs on site as well as FWF team members who are happy to answer all your canine-related questions.
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Monday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: 491 Burnside Road E
Hip Hop Rewind
Spend a night dancing to early 2000s Hip Hop artists like 50 Cent, Kanye West, Missy Elliot, and Ludacris with this throwback Sunday event filled to the brim with nostalgia.
- When: Sunday, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Upstairs Cabaret, #15 Bastion Square
Spend your Thanksgiving Sunday giving back to those in need with the volunteers and workers at Our Place Society.
- When: Sunday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Where: Our Place, 919 Pandora Street
VLMS Rough to Ready Event
Join the members of the Victoria, Vancouver Island, and BC Lapidary clubs who will be selling their created crafts, collections, and all things rock related.
- When: Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Leonardo Da Vinci Italian Centre, 195 Bay Street
GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
Run, walk, or spectate the 40th year of the GoodLife’s marathon that will be taking over Victoria and Oak Bay. If you aren’t participating, remember that there will be detours and road closures in the area.
- When: Sunday, starting at 8 a.m.
- Where: Victoria and Oak Bay surrounding areas
Victoria Marathon Cheer Station
Looking to brighten someone’s day? This event may just be for you!
Dress up, bring noise makers, and cheer on the participants of the 40th annual GoodLife Fitness Marathon.
- When: Sunday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Where: Cook Street and Dallas Road
Thanksgiving Dinner Victoria Marriott
If you are still looking for Thanksgiving plans or not really in the mood to cook, venture down for a dinner prepared by Victoria Marriott for an evening of eating right on the Inner Harbour.
- When: Sunday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, 728 Humboldt Street
Thanksgiving Dinner with Veneto Bar Ristorante
Chow down on a holiday special menu to get you in the Fall spirit and also fill you up with this three-course meal for $50.00.
- When: Sunday, 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Veneto Bar Ristorante, 1450 Douglas Street
Headbang to Vancouver Rock band as they return to Victoria for the release of their studio album, “On The Hunt”!
- When: Sunday, 7 p.m. – 12:59 a.m.
- Where: The Cooper Owl, 1900 Douglas Street
Last Bloom at Ross Bay the 14th
Experience a painting night at Ross Bay Pub that plans to bring out your inner artist and also leave you with something you may want to hang up in your house when it’s done.
- When: Monday, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Ross Bay Pub, 7-1516 Fairfield Road
Relieve yourself from the tension of the weekend with this hour of yoga that allows you to work at your own pace while offering modifications along the way.
- When: Monday, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Livfit Studio, 3481 Cook Street
Thanksgiving at Bear Mountain
Finish off your long weekend with a special Thanksgiving meal at Langford’s Bear Mountain Resort that will feature a tasting menu, breakfast and dinner buffets.
- When: Monday, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Bear Mountain Resort, 1999 Country Club Way
Flexibility for Kids Age 8-13
Join Coach Addi as she teaches your kids how to be more flexible, as well as, the proper technique and exercises to improve their range.
- When: Monday, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: The Rising, 140 1047 Langford Parkway