The long weekend may be over but Tuesday is packed with some events to help you carry on the holiday cheer!
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today:
Dress in some messy clothes and head over to down to this early learners’ painting class best suited for parents and children ages 1-5.
Take home what you paint and learn alongside an early childhood educator for this weekly drop-in art time.
- When: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m
- Where: Oaklands Community Association, 1-2827 Belmont Avenue
Make your way down to the Capital Ballroom to jam out to the tunes of alternative rock band Thrush Hermit and singer-songwriter Shotgun Jimmie, for a night of live Canadian music for old fans and new.
- When: 8 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
Royal BC Museum opens its door for an introduction to their exhibits for children along this guided tour, with the feature exhibit Maya: The Great Jaguar Rises!
- When: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Interested in a night of live entertainment with your meal? Chaz Avery and #yyjdrag host the eighth performance that brings together drag performers and late Happy Hour specials.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
Can’t decide between pizza and sushi? Well, now you don’t have to!
Experience a night of culinary fusion where Italian and Japanese foods are both options, mixed in with some live music to top it off.
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: 4012 Dawnview Crescent