This week may have started with buckets of rain but don’t let that stop you from enjoying all the cool things happening around town!
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today:
An informative morning of art techniques, tools, and materials with a licensed Early Childhood Educator to drop your kids into the world of sensory exploration. Dress in clothes you’re okay with getting a little paint on, and parent/guardian participation is encouraged!
- When: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Oaklands Community Association, 1-2827 Belmont Avenue
Join the movement to petition for single-use plastics to be banned province wide. Bring your signs and banners and let your voice be heard by the provincial government amongst like-minded protesters.
- When: 3:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, 501 Belleville Street
Be a part of a night of exploration into the world that encapsulates the stories of opera through film and documentary.
- When: 7 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Where: Cinecenta Films, Student Union Building 3800 Finnerty Road
You’re invited party with the Luminesce Skin and Laser team in celebration of their new services offered at their location that opened last June. There will be appies, complimentary demos, special offerings on services, and more!
- When: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: Luminesce Skin and Laser, 463 Belleville Street
Another round of mind testing trivia with drink specials, grilled cheeses, and prizes! First time? Head over and try your hand at questions that will push you to your cerebral limits.
- When: 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Smith’s Bar, 777 Courtney Street