Comedy, science, yoga, and beer. Today we’ve got some events for all ages including for adults looking for a night out.
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today:
Another round of comedy and drink specials hosted by Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance. This weekly comedy special invites local comedians to take center stage and often sells out so make sure you get there early.
- When: Wednesday, 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
Victoria Festival of Authors presents an opening night FREE celebration to highlight local literary talent. Hear from memoirs, poetry, and other short stories from authors who share their truth and also aim to get some laughs.
- When: Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: 1800 Store Street
A combination of pints and stretching as beer meets yoga on a rooftop venue that overlooks the city. Hosted by the Women Who Explore group, this event is specifically crafted for anyone who identifies as a woman. Patrons must be of legal drinking age (19+) to attend.
- When: Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Swans Hotel, 506 Pandora Avenue
The Greater Victoria School District presents an informative and inspiring SEWA launch event with Canada Young Adult author Monica Grey Smith.
- When: Wednesday, 4:00 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: 556 Bolenskine Street
The University of Victoria is hosting this event for young women in grades 10-12 who are interested in computer science and engineering. This informative evening is free and will feature stories, hands-on team activities, and a pizza dinner!
- When: Wednesday, 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Engineering and Computer Science Building, Rm 660, 3800 Finnerty Road