Beer lovers, rejoice!
For most, the Fall represents a darker time of the year as we exit the Summer and enter the colder season of staying in and binge-watching the return of our favorite TV shows. However, Fall is treated as an early Christmas for craft beer fans as local breweries gear up their hoppiest seasonal drinks for release.
Since 2011, October has been dubbed ‘BC Craft Beer Month’ by the provincial government thanks to ale-lovers and pioneers who paved the way.
The Victoria Beer Society will be celebrating the annual hop harvest and BC Craft Beer Month with an afternoon featuring over 20 fresh hop beers from craft breweries all around BC- including Victoria.
The event will feature more than 20 fresh hop beers from BC craft breweries, along with some pumpkin beers and Oktoberfest-style lagers, all celebrating the harvest season.
Guests will be provided a sampler glass along with a guided (for VIP ticket holders) or unguided tour so you can earn as you taste the newly harvested beers from all over the province.
Whether you already love hoppy beer or would like to try for the first time, this is one event beer-lovers of all kinds will not want to miss
Looking for something specific, or have a beer in mind you want to try? Here’s the list of beers that will be available:
- Category 12 Brewing: Fresh Data Fresh-Hopped Hazy IPA
- Container Brewing: Pour Les Mineurs Frais Grisette
- Dageraad Brewing: Wet Hopped Blonde
- Driftwood Brewery: Sartori Harvest IPA
- Fuggles & Warlock Craft Works: Chrono Wet Hop IPA
- Howl Brewing: Harvest Fresh Hop IPA & Harvest Moon Fresh Hop Pumpkin Porter
- Hoyne Brewing: Wolf Vine Fresh Hop Pale Ale
- Longwood Brewery: Hopposites Attract Wet Hop Pale Ale with Kveik Full Patch Pumpkin Saison
- Mount Arrowsmith Brewing: Harvest Fresh IPA
- Off the Rail Brewing: Fresh Hop Harvest IPA & Nur Ein Kölsch
- Parallel 49 Brewing: Cashmere Comet IPA
- Phillips Brewing: Green Reaper IPA
- Red Arrow Brewing Company: Sunset Empire Hazy IPA
- Small Block Brewing: RyeCycled IPA
- Strange Fellows Brewing: Hop Devil Fresh Hop Kellerbier & Juke Festbier
- Strathcona Beer Co.: Cashmere Hopped Sour
- Twin City Brewing: Tangent Fresh Hop Tangerine Sour
- Wheelhouse Brewing: 1000 Mile IPA (delivered all the way from Prince Rupert!)
- Whistle Buoy Brewing: Homegrown SMASH IPA
Yellow Dog Brewing: Alpha Dog Fresh Hop Pale Ale
Cheers to Harvest Season!
- When: Saturday, October 12th, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. (VIP early entry at 1 p.m.)
- Where: The Roundhouse at Bayview Place, 80 Saghalie Road
- Tickets: Available to purchase online here.