With the short week behind us, we can now dive headfirst into some weekend festivities that edge us closer to Halloween.
Prepare yourself for Art of the Cocktail, Oktoberfest events, a family-friendly haunted house, and more!
Here are 21 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend:
The annual cocktail event returns! Enjoy samples and learn about drinks from artisans and distillers so you can make the perfect cocktail for your next party!
- When: 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Art of the Cocktail, 1215 Blanshard Street
Can’t make it to Germany for Oktoberfest? Well, you’re in luck! Break out your lederhosen, play games like beer pong and giant Jenga, while also listening to some live accordion music at this German styled celebration!
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street #6
Make your way down to this German-themed party with live music, Bavarian meals, Hoyne Brewing beer, and drinks from Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse!
- When: Saturday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Oaklands Community Association, 1-2827 Belmont Avenue
If you haven’t made a soccer game this year make your way down to Westhills Stadium to watch Victoria’s Pacific FC face off against Manitoba’s Valour FC for their final game of the season.
- When: 3:30 p.m – 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
Pumpkin hunters and Halloween enthusiasts, your time of the year has finally arrived. Get into the Halloween spirit with Hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a corn maze, petting farm, haunted house, and much more.
- When: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Hosted by Galey Farms Corn Maze, 4150 Blenkinsop Road
Make your way to the Metro Studio Theatre for a live performance of this 1975 cult classic directed by Atomic Vaudeville’s Britt Small.
- When: October 18th — November 2nd (multiple dates and times)
Click here for the full schedule.
- Where: Metro Studio Theatre, 1411 Quadra Street
Bring the kids down to this costume encouraged Halloween event and art show celebrating its second year! There will be treats, horror t-shirts, ghoulish art, and more!
- When: Saturday, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Screen Test Studios, 3040 Cook Street
Dance the night away to this late-night party featuring a collective of artists who have appeared at such festivals as Shambala, Bass Coast, Atmosphere Gathering, and Koksilah!
- When: Satuday, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Get yourself down to this Fall hobby fair with over 200 vendors of retro and new toys for kids or the kids at heart.
- When: Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Arena, 3100 Tillicum Road
Experience a night of worldly dance at this mashup of disco, funk, and house grooves that will have you shaking till the early morning.
- When: Saturday, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Copper Owl Night Club, 1990 Douglas Street
Looking for a furry friend? Flirting with Fido makes it that much easier at this 4-hour adoption fair that will have dogs on site for you to meet and maybe even take home.
- When: Saturday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Bosley’s, 107-1790 Island Hwy
Beer lovers, prepare yourself for an evening of brewery specials at this tap takeover that will have specials and signature ales to try at this evening event!
- When: Saturday, 5 p.m. – 1:59 a.m.
- Where: Smith’s Pub, 777 Courtney Street
If you’re looking for a night of live music with a rockabilly swagger, make your way down to Vinyl Envy for this party that features three different bands that will have you shaking your hips for hours!
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Vinyl Envy, 1717 Quadra Street
Spend the night listening to the music of composer Richard Rogers at this tribute event dedicated to the man behind such scores as The Sound of Music, Oklahoma!, South Pacific, The King and I, and much more
- When: Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
Get a great Fall picture of your furry best friend taken at this Halloween photoshoot hosted by Eagle Creek Bosley’s, and as an added bonus, all proceeds from the event going to help rehabilitate rescue dogs.
- When: Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Bosley’s Eagle Creek, 120-19 Helmcken Road
Lovers of country and rock, make your way down to Capital Ballroom to hear the music of this British Columbia born artist who will be playing hits from “Me and the Mountain”, newest released album.
- When: Sunday, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
Are you in the market for a unique present or a hobby item? The Victoria Flea Market has you covered with another Sunday of bargains on creative gifts!
- When: Sunday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Flea Market, 41 Gorge Road E
Enjoy an evening of East Coast food and beer at this party dedicated to fresh lobster, clams, sausages, potatoes, and traditional tunes from the other end of Canada.
- When: Sunday, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Irish Times Pub, 1200 Government Street
Ah hoy! You can now bring the kids down to this family-friendly by donation Treasure Island-haunted house that will have age-appropriate scares that will dive them right into the spooky season!
- When: October 18th – October 31st, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: 4407 Chartwell Drive
If you’re looking for a chuckle this weekend, make your way down to Dylan’s pub for a featured night of comedy with local comedians breaking out a number of funny sets.
- When: Sunday, the Event starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: 531 Yates Street
Love caesars? Make your way down to James Pub where they will be having them on special for the entire day!
- When: Sunday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: James Bay Inn Pub, 270 Government Street