Happy Friday, folks!
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today:
The most established fair on Vancouver Island is back this weekend for their 42nd consecutive year! This fair offers a true extravaganza of outstanding arts, crafts, and demonstrations at this popular 3-day event at Victoria’s Pearkes Arena, happening from November 8th to November 10th.
- Friday, November 8th: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9th: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, November 10th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre – 3100 Tillicum Road
- Tickets: Public admission to the show is $6 per day or $6.50 for all 3 days. Children under the age of 12 accompanied by an adult get in for free.
Enjoy shopping two floors (over 40 festive booths) of festive, nostalgic vintage treasures! Vintage clothing, accessories, jewelry, housewares, books, collectables, treats, holiday ornaments, Christmas decorations and much more. Perfect for finding unique, memorable holiday gifts and decorations for you and your loved ones this year.
- Friday, November 8th 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Da Vinci Event Centre, 195 Bay Street
Impulse Theatre’s Peek Fest is an annual festival for emerging arts workers in Victoria running November 4th to 10th.
The festival offers an exciting new look at work-in-development from some of the province’s most innovative creators and contributes to the development and growth of local artists through showcases, workshops, and a curated visual arts gallery.
- When: 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Intrepid Theatre, 1609 Blanshard Street
Every Friday afternoon, the Downtown Community Centre is offering participants the opportunity to visit the Interactivity Board Game Cafe and take part in a group game.
These outings are offered for free by the Downtown Community Centre. Registration is required.
- When: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Ave
Join Roller Skate Victoria every Friday night for some good old fashioned fun rolling around with friends and family!
Rollerblades and strollers welcome. Roller skate rentals are available for those 5+. All ages are welcome to participate but the wheels must be provided by the family if the skater is under 5.
- When: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Old curling rink at West Shore Parks and Recreation, 1767 Island Hwy