From humour to seeing ancient Mayan civilization, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
A rare artifact crucial to determining hitherto unknown facts about the ancient Mayan civilization has just made its way to Victoria.
- When: May 17 – December 31, 2019
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
For the second time this year, John Cleese will be in Victoria to regale audiences with his humour. The English actor and Monty Python icon is sharing his wealth of humour with 4 Canadian cities and will be making a stop in Victoria today.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
Over 40 boardgames and 8 videogame consoles! Games include Mario Kart on the big screen, Dance Dance Revolution, and classics like Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, Space Invaders, Street Fighter, and hundreds more! 19+
- When: 4:00 p.m. to closing
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Master fiddler Pierre Schryer and a different monthly special guest will present a one-hour Mini-Concert, and then host a 90min Open Trad Music Session (at 8:15 p.m.). This event is open to all ages including audience members and session participants.
- When: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
Wit, charm, craft, and heart—all valuable ingredients in creativity and building a rich experience. This is an exhibition honouring these things and the myth of a generation.
- When: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Habit Coffee, 552 Pandora Avenue