From ringing in the holiday season at the Empress to ##, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Thursday November 28th.
Downtown Victoria’s Fairmont Empress Hotel will be ringing in the holiday season in a big way tonight. The prominent luxury establishment will be hosting a ‘Christmas at the Empress Lights Ceremony’ and invites the public to join in the festivities.
To kick off the night, staff will be lighting up the 16 ft tall tree in the hotel lobby until it is resplendent with holiday decor.
After that, guests are invited to step outside and watch the grand Empress Hotel building and grounds as they’re lit up with thousands of dazzling lights.
The spectacle will be followed up with a walk through the hotel to see the 2019 Gingerbread Holiday Village display handcrafted by the Empress Pastry team.
- When: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street
Art galleries and pop up galleries throughout Oak Bay Village are open for evening receptions with many artists in attendance. The Avenue will be lit up for Christmas strolling. A variety of Oak Bay Village businesses will be open.
- Chef on the Run Pop Up Gallery 2020 Oak Bay Avenue
- Gage Gallery 2031 Oak Bay Avenue
- Eclectic Gallery 2170 Oak Bay Avenue
- The Avenue Gallery 2184 Oak Bay Avenue
- The Oak Bay Gallery 2223 Oak Bay Avenue
- Winchester Galleries Ltd. 2260 Oak Bay Avenue
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Oak Bay Village
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Parkside Hotel! The showcase brings people of all skill levels together to compete against each other in a gingerbread house-making competition.
- When: On now until Sunday, January 5th, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m
- Where: Atrium of the Parkside Hotel, 810 Humboldt Street
Each Thursday over the holiday season the Market will be open until 8 p.m. so that you can enjoy dinner, shopping, live music, and even take in one of the Christmas themed workshops! All permanent vendors will be open, as well as lots of local artisans to shop from! There will even be beer, wine, and mulled wine available to purchase and drink while you browse around shopping!
- When: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street
If you have ever dreamed of singing with a live band and feeling like a Rockstar then we have the PERFECT night for you!
Sing with Darcy’s Pub house band BiPolar Bear and choose from over 100 songs on demand. with limited slots available. Get here early to secure your spot on the list.
- When: Sign up begins at 7 p.m., show starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Darcy’s Pub in the Westshore, 737 Goldstream Avenue