From tension and comedy to learning how to make soap for fun or profit, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Tuesday November 5th.
For those who just aren’t that into Halloween, the Belfry Theatre is hosting their opening night of ‘Bang Bang’. Filled with tension and comedy, Kat Sandler’s thought-provoking take on race and culture will have everyone questioning the meaning behind the phrase “based on a true story.” Read our review.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Ave
In this fun and informative workshop, you will create a 3lb (10 to 12 bar) beautiful batch of swirled, two colour soap in a free, re-useable silicone mold! Best of all, you will learn all the tricks you need to make soap at home for fun or profit!
- When: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Starlite Soap Studio, 764 Fort Street
Enjoy an evening out at the Capital Ballroom with Canadian JUNO Award-winning Singer/Songwriter William Prince.
- When: 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
The annual salmon run, where tens of thousands of fish make their way back to Goldstream to spawn, has begun! Visitors are asked not to wear bright-coloured clothing and to stay out of the water, including putting GoPros in the stream.
- When: During the day is best
- Where: Goldstream Provincial Park
This class is designed to meet the needs of all skaters wishing to improve on their skating skills that have passed Learn-to-Skate (or similar training/experience) with sport specific training. They focus on core, balance, agility, while improving basic skating skills. We use HITT and circuit training method to achieve an excellent workout.
Working out is way more fun on 8 wheels!
- When: 5:55 p.m. to 6:55 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road