Advent Calendars are a playful way to prolong the magic of gift opening leading up to Christmas Day.
This holiday tradition is not just reserved for the little ones, as “kids at heart” can take part in opening 12 – 24 days of mini gifts including gourmet and adult-themed options!
Here is a list of 6 local businesses offering unique advent calendars that you must check out this holiday season:
Switch things up from the traditional chocolate advent calendars with the 24 days of Tea calendar from David’s Tea for $40.
Each of the 24 boxes holds two cups of deliciously blended loose tea to sip and enjoy on those cozy, winter nights. Order online or visit their downtown or Hillside location while supplies last.
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday & Sunday, 9 a.m – 6 p.m.
- Location: 606 Johnson Street, Unit 0431
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Location: 1644 Hillside Avenue, Unit 96
This vegan chocolate maker is offering an advent calendar that holds 25 cream-filled and solid, organic, fair-trade chocolates that are also soy-free and gluten-free for $39.99.
Purchase online or visit their downtown location while supplies last.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: 3 Fan Tan Alley, Unit 102
Cascadia has outdone themselves with their specially curated Craft Beer Advent Calendar.
Put away 24 handpicked BC craft brews each day leading up to the main event, all for $99.99. Pick one up at the Quadra Village location or other island locations before they sell out.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Location: 2670 Fifth Street
This 24 Days of Chocolate advent calendar inspired by Vancouver Island flavours includes irresistibly smooth artisan chocolates made by this local chocolate artist. Enjoy 24 distinct flavors like Smoked Honey Chocolate infused with local honey and Sherringham’s gin-infused chocolate for $40.
- Hours: Friday, November 29th – 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, November 30th & Sunday, December 1st – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Location: 3147 Douglas Street, Unit 221
Spread the love with Bonne Maman Advent Calendars from Charelli’s. Pick up a fresh loaf of crusty bread and delight in 24 limited-edition mini fruit jams and honey for $39.95.
Their Oak Bay location has a few remaining while supplies last.
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday & Monday, CLOSED
- Location: 2851 Foul Bay Road
Smell amazing this holiday season with the 12 Days of Christmas box from Lush Cosmetics for $99.95.
This self-care advent calendar is packed with a dozen limited edition vegan holiday products that you can soak up for 12 days of the month.
Purchase online or visit their downtown, Hillside, or Mayfair Shopping Centre location while supplies last.
- Hours: Monday – Tuesday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday – Thurdsay, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: 3147 Douglas Street
- Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: 1020 Government Street
Did we miss any of your favourites? Let us know in the comments below!