Welcome back to the weekend, Victoria! here are 9 things to do in and around town, November 16th – 17th.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Parkside Hotel! This Saturday, November 16th marks the kick-off of Habitat for Humanity’s 11th annual Gingerbread Showcase.
- When: Saturday, November 16th – Sunday, January 5th
- Where: Atrium of the Parkside Hotel, 810 Humboldt Street
You won’t want to miss out on this quintessentially Victorian holiday tradition!
One of the tallest Christmas trees in the region will be lit during a festive celebration happening this weekend at Uptown Shopping Centre on Saturday, November 16th.
- When: Saturday, November 16th
- The parade starts at 6:10 PM
- Christmas tree light up starts at 6:30 PM
- Where: Uptown Shopping Centre, 3440 Saanich Road
For one day only, one of Langford’s most happening pilates and barre studios is offering classes by donation to RainCoast Dog Rescue Society.
Humans and their canine counterparts are welcome at the studio for this event – including those who don’t want to participate in the workouts but would still like to contribute.
- When: Saturday, November 16th, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Where: 119-866 Goldstream Ave
- Admission: By donation, minimum of $10. Reserve your booking online.
One of the world’s most famous and controversial comedians is coming to Victoria this weekend.
With a long list of popular productions to his name, Australian comedian Jim Jefferies is bringing his trademark thought-provoking comedy to the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
- When: November 16th, 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Tickets: Online here, available starting 10 a.m. on March 29th
Catch the Christmas Spirit at the Victorian Christmas Craft Fair! Step back to a simpler time and be apart of the celebration of unique, local artisans selling their wares the old fashion way.
From hand-made Christmas decorations that will have you decking the halls, to contemporary pieces that have will have a place in your home year-round, to local, gourmet baking and treats, the Victorian Christmas will get your jingle bells ringing just in time for the Holiday Season.
- When: Saturday, 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Commonwealth Pool, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
Kim Churchill is an Australian folk, rock, and blues singer, songwriter, and musician. He has released six albums: With Sword and Shield/Kim Churchill in 2010, Detail of Distance in 2012, Into the Steel in 2013, Silence/Win in 2014, Weight Falls in 2017 and I Am in 2019.
- When: Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
Victoria’s Hillside Centre is celebrating 19 years of supporting its community through their annual Night of Lights shopping evening, and you’re invited!
The perfect event to get everyone into the holiday spirit, this year includes the Bubble Bus Co. and an Open Air Photo Studio, rock musician Dustin Childs and jazz musician Jonnie Bridgman, appetizers by Chef on the Run, amazing retailer offers and many more festive touches!
- When: Sunday, November 17th – 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Hillside Shopping Centre, 1644 Hillside Avenue
A rare artifact crucial to determining hitherto unknown facts about the ancient Mayan civilization has just made its way to Victoria.
- When: May 17 – December 31, 2019
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
For those who just aren’t that into Halloween, the Belfry Theatre is hosting their opening night of ‘Bang Bang’. Filled with tension and comedy, Kat Sandler’s thought-provoking take on race and culture will have everyone questioning the meaning behind the phrase “based on a true story.” Read our review.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue