Halloween is over and it’s the first weekend of November. Kick the new month off with our 12 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend:
- When: 9 a.m., Friday November 1st – 9 a.m., Saturday November 2nd
- Where: Campus Honda boardroom, 506 Finlayson Street, or online at this link.
It’s Turn Back the Clock 90’s Night as the Victoria Royals host Medicine Hat.
- When: Saturday, doors open at 6 p.m. Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
This 2-day festival brings together psychics, energy healers, alternative medicine practitioners and spiritual seeker from all across Vancouver Island. Over 44 exhibitors will be sharing their knowledge, wisdom and wares offering Psychic Readings, Massage, Reiki, Rocks & Gems, Mediumship and much more. Included in your admission are workshops happening throughout the weekend to inspire your spiritual journey. Heal the past and step into your true potential.
- Saturday, November 2nd 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, November 3rd 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Intuitive Arts Festival, 195 Bay Street
Step out of the rain and into a cozy movie theatre with the whole fam this season!
Cineplex is offering $2.99 movies for young viewers at participating theatres throughout October and November 2019, as well as December 13th. They will be showing The Angry Birds Movie 2 this weekend.
- When: Every Saturday at 11 a.m. until December 13th
- Where: Cineplex Odeon West Shore, #900-2945 Jacklin Road
A rare artefact crucial to determining hitherto unknown facts about the ancient Mayan civilization has just made its way to Victoria.
- When: May 17 – December 31, 2019
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- Admission: Click here to purchase tickets to the exhibit
Experience the show at a whole new level of intensity: live! This is Atomic Vaudeville’s fourth production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Victoria.
With over a dozen showtimes, there’s bound to be one that works for you and your fellow freaks. Let’s all do the Time Warp again!
Note: Audience members are not permitted to bring their own props. However, prop bags will be available for purchase at every show or in advance.
- When: Saturday, November 2nd (multiple dates and times) 7:30 p.m. & 10 p.m.
- Where: Metro Studio Theatre, 1411 Quadra Street
Tickets can be purchased online or at 1050 Meares Street
Canadian DJ/Producer Ekali returns to Victoria to perform at Capital Ballroom for his Fall Tour 🌿 Support from Juelz and WE ARE FURY – 19+.
- When: Saturday, 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
What’s better than the warm, sultry music of Sinatra on a cold Autumn’s day?
The chance to experience it at Victoria’s own Royal Theatre!
On November 2nd and 3rd, the Victoria Symphony is presenting two days filled with some of Sinatra’s greatest hits, sung by entertainer Tony DeSare alongside conductor Giuseppe Pietraroia.
- Saturday, November 2nd – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, November 3rd– 2 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- Tickets: Tickets are $33 – $85 and are available from the Victoria Symphony Box Office at 250-385-6815 or online here
For those who just aren’t that into Halloween, the Belfry Theatre is hosting their opening night of ‘Bang Bang’.
Filled with tension and comedy, Kat Sandler’s thought-provoking take on race and culture will have everyone questioning the meaning behind the phrase “based on a true story.”
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue
In keeping with the season, the show has a wide variety of juried handmade items including: Christmas decorations, body care products, original artwork, handmade cards, jewellery, knitting, fibre work, metal and glass, pet products, adult and children’s clothing, honey, jams and jellies, sweet treats and Gourmet Food to take home and eat in.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 11 High Street
Hunters and Gatherers! Take part in a regular weekend activity that’s social, fun, productive and profitable. Enter the fascinating and fun flea market. Whether you are a collector, a connoisseur or a creative type looking for inspiration, the market has something in store.
- When: Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Flea Market, 411 Gorge Rd. East
Finish the week off right with a relaxing roll at Quadra Village Neighbourhood Gym. Every Sunday until December 15. No frills, rentals available, and family-friendly!
- When: Sunday at 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: CDI College, 950 Kings Rd