Whether you prefer puppet masks or hockey helmets, make sure you’ve got the right gear for the exciting events happening today.
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, December 17th.
The Royals lace up for the first game of a doubleheader against the Spokane Chiefs. With previous results of 6-0, 4-1, and 4-3, this is sure to be a wild game between two of the WHL’s most exciting teams.
- When: December 17th, doors at 6:00 p.m., puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
The holiday classic you love brought to life in a way you never imagined possible! Renowned theatrical imagineers and multi-award winning company the WONDERHEADS reinvent the story of Ebenezer Scrooge and his magical journey with giant masks, whimsical puppets, and wondrous theatrical invention.
Think Pixar meets Jim Henson. What else do you need?
- When: December 17th and 18th, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
Create a new tradition for your family as Christmas Movie Nights return to the Oak Bay Beach Hotel.
Take in the holiday favourite, Home Alone, accompanied by a dinner buffet, popcorn and house-made sweet-treats. Partial proceeds of all sales will go directly to the David Foster Foundation.
- When: December 17th, 6:15 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Oak Bay Beach Hotel, 1175 Beach Drive
The oneTree 2019 exhibit will feature the work of almost 80 artisans that have all created their work from a single, salvaged Maple tree.
The artwork includes boxes, chairs, tables, and sculptures, all made from the wood of a single tree.
- When: December 17th, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., running until February 29th, 2020,
- Where: Bateman Foundation Gallery of Nature, 470 Belleville Street
With a signature sound that infuses dance-pop music with influences of funk and jazz fusion, songwriter & pianist J.D. Rich is back for a second appearance at Hermann’s! A graduate of Berklee College of Music ’16, Rich performs original music and unique arrangements of popular songs.
- When: December 17th, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street