Today is Friday the 13th, so it only makes sense to do something spooky, but in keeping with the holiday spirit. That’s why you can head to Point Ellice House for a special set of paranormal activities including seances, vigils, and more!
Of course, if you’re a little too scared for a ghost tour, there are plenty of other great activities happening today, December 13th!
Join the Beyond Belief Paranormal Events Team for a special holiday — and Friday the 13th! — investigation of the paranormal occurrences that staff, volunteers, and visitors have experienced at Point Ellice House.
Reports of activity in and around the 1861 home include full body apparitions, voices, footsteps, and lights turning on by themselves. Some people feel ghostly presences in the rooms of the house and visitor centre, so brave yourself for a spooky Christmas evening!
- When: December 13th, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Point Ellice House Museum & Gardens, 2616 Pleasant Street
Grab your best pals and head out for an amazing night at the Victoria Event Centre for live competitive painting. Painters create the best work they can in 20 minutes, and as they work, patrons move around the easels, closely watching the creative process.
All the work this month are holiday themed, with an audience vote determining the winner. All the original artwork will be available via silent auction as well!
- When: December 13th, doors at 7:00 p.m., show at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Join the North Park Neighbourhood Association for a free holiday skate that features hot chocolate and hot dogs, prizes, a live DJ, kids crafts and activities. As if that wasn’t enough, there is also a holiday-themed photo booth and free ice skating and rentals, too!
Marty the Marmot, Harvey the HarbourCat, and a myriad of superheroes will also be in attendance, and North Park residents have the chance to air their thoughts and opinions about the topics and issues that matter to them.
- When: December 13th, doors at 6:00 p.m., ice time from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Arena, 1925 Blanshard Street
Celebrate the holiday season with musical flair! Join the Breakwater Quartet, a group of talented and eclectic musicians performing unique arrangements of classical and contemporary music, for a performance of holiday classics at Russell Books.
- When: Friday December 13th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday December 14th from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Russell Books, 747 Fort Street (New location)
If you’re a fan of A Christmas Carol, you can live out your Dickensian dreams by meeting with Saint Nicholas among the wood-cobbled streets of Old Town. The museum’s imitation town is laced with festive garlands and the shops are decked with seasonal finery, ready for visitors to have their photo taken and share their holiday wishes with Father Christmas.
- When: Each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Old Town in the Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street