Santa’s reindeer are getting ready, presents are getting wrapped, and all over the island, people are getting ready for the most festive day of the year.
Whether you’re looking for family events or romantic getaways, Victoria is still buzzing with activities to celebrate the winter season.
Here are five things to do in and around Victoria today, Monday December 23rd!
You read it here first — Santa Claus is a bookworm!
On Monday December 23rd at noon, Father Christmas himself will be at Russell Books’s new location for a jolly visit and reading.
- When: December 23rd, 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Russell Books, 747 Fort Street
Vocal ensemble CapriCCio invites you to relax and join them in a heart-warming Christmas special featuring The Victoria Brass. It’s a favourite festive tradition of Victoria audiences, particularly those who are extra judicious when it comes to counting down to the 25th!
- When: December 23rd, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Christ Church Cathedral, 911 Quadra Street
Jump back in time and head to Craigdarroch Castle for a morning of song-filled joy with Alexander Ferguson at the Castle. Sing along to classic Christmas tunes to get in the holiday spirit! Song books will be provided so come one, come all.
- When: December 23rd, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Craigdarroch Castle, 1050 Joan Crescent
Combine bad dress sense with great trivia for an unforgettable night at Christie’s Carriage House Pub. Great prizes are going out to those who have the ugliest homemade or self-decorated sweaters. None of that buying your attire on Amazon stuff!
Things are going to get Ugly!
- When: December 23rd, 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Christie’s Carriage House Pub, 1739 Fort Street
From December 20 through January 4, Centennial Square will become a visual, playful lightscape. Lights of Wonder is a magical urban oasis where people of all ages and backgrounds can come together and celebrate the season.
Admission is free, though donations are accepted, so residents and tourists alike can enjoy Lights of Wonder as many times as they like.
- When: December 20th through January 4th.
- Where: Centennial Square, 1 Centennial Square