(Pioneer House Restaurant/Facebook)

The Pioneer House restaurant near Duncan has announced that they are closing for good.

The family-owned restaurant has been closed to the public after a fire broke out on the premises in August 2018.

At the time, the fire was contained to an outbuilding attached to the restaurant, and fortunately there were no injuries.

In a social media post back in 2018, staff at the restaurant assured patrons that business would only be closed for a short time to assess damages, and would be back to their regular schedule in no time.

UPDATE: https://www.facebook.com/131507776871732/posts/2149505231738633/💓🙏🏼Hello friends and supporters. The Pioneer…

Posted by Pioneer House Restaurant on Tuesday, August 14, 2018

However the 40+ year old eatery announced over the weekend that they will not reopen to the public, and the building will be sold.

The Pioneer House Restaurant post announcing the closure was shared over 1,000 times on Facebook and received a plethora of nostalgic comments from patrons who have frequented the establishment over the years.

Its owners, Shelagh John and her son Gerald, have run the place since 1977 until the fire in 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/PioneerHouseRestaurant/photos/a.497808873574952/3017660104923137/?type=3&theater