Bring out your inner Scotsman or Scotswoman and gie it laldy this Friday night with a celebration of Robert Burns Day at the Caledonian Distillery.
If you’re looking to avoid a hangover this Saturday, though, you can check out any of the other events happening this Friday, January 24th!
Join Victoria Caledonian Distillery on Friday January 24th or Saturday January 25th as they celebrate Robert Burns Day, a celebration of the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, the author of many Scots poems. These fantastic evenings will include a night of revelry with a piper, poetry, a 4-course meal and whisky pairing.
- When: January 24th and 25th, doors at 5:30 p.m. for a 6:00 p.m. start
- Where: Victoria Caledonian Distillery, 761 Enterprise Crescent
Gorgeous Coffee, that fine purveyor of brew and local music, is closing its doors. Alas, this is a sad time, as there are so few venues for the locals to come and polish their show and strut their stuff in this town. Enjoy one of the shop’s last evenings with this with some blues-y music — perfect for this bittersweet occasion.
- When: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Gorge-ous Coffee, 103-300 Gorge Road West
Produced by UVic’s Student Alternative Theatre Company (SATCO), “Death By Horoscope” is an absurdist comedy about a man, Mr. Baby, who, after escaping death, goes on an odyssey to reclaim his fate. He’s accompanied by a barista, a carny, the ghosts of his dead parents, and a Sagittarius.
- When: 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Phoenix Theatre at the University of Victoria, 3800 Finnerty Road
In more great UVic content, experience the best up-and-coming local bands competing live to win $750, a day in a record studio, and a Friday or Saturday headlining show per semester! Each Friday night features many amazing local bands giving their all for a chance to take the next musical step. It’s worth the watch.
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Where: Felicita’s Pub at the University of Victoria, 3800 Finnerty Road
This 2-hour tour begins at the Victoria Public Market and includes stops at The Gates of Harmonious Interest, Fan Tan Alley, Market Square, Bastion Square, Trounce Alley, Government St., and the Inner Harbour Causeway. Depending on the day, there are between 6-8 tastings along the route, as we discuss the history and quirks of beautiful Victoria, B.C.
Tastings can include bread, pierogis, meatballs, craft beer, macarons, chocolate, and much more!
- When: January 24th, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Starts at the Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street #6