Patrons at Hillside mall will have to leave their canine companions home soon.
The Victoria shopping centre will no longer welcome dogs, other than service dogs, inside its premises starting March 1st, 2020.
“We thank those dog owners that adhered to our policies but unfortunately many dog owners did not,” reads a sign posted throughout the mall.
“We received complaints from other customers concerned with dogs being in restricted areas i.e. the food court and the disregard of the dog waste pick-up policy.”
The broken rules expressed above were part of a list of six regulations established by Hillside for shoppers who wanted to bring their pets indoors.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Barking must be kept to a minimum.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs in the case of an accident.
- Dogs aren’t allowed in the food court, other than registered service dogs.
- Some stores inside the mall allow dogs while others don’t. Owners are asked to check before taking their pet inside.
- Dogs are not allowed on any furniture inside the shopping centre.
Victoria Buzz has reached out to Hillside shopping centre for more information about their changing policies.