Now could be your chance to work at Canada’s “Castle on the Coast” and make the best wages in the industry – that’s right, the Fairmont Empress could be your next dream job!
An iconic pillar of Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour, this National Historic Site was named one of National Geographic’s “Most Iconic Hotels in the World”. It’s also a sought-after destination for prospective employees – and they will be holding their first job fair of the year on Thursday, January 23rd.
Also named Indeed’s Top Employer and one of 2019’s Best Places to Work in Canada by Glassdoor, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is well-known for its employee satisfaction, as well as its extraordinary reputation and culture.
Aside from industry-leading pay rates, perks of working at the Fairmont include free meals at work, incredible food, beverage and hotel discounts, recognition and reward programs, and comprehensive benefits and retirement savings plans.
Fairmont Empress is hiring for full-time, part-time and seasonal positions starting from March-June in various departments across the hotel:
- Room Attendants & Housekeepers ($18.32 – $22.88 per hour)
- Servers & Junior Servers ($14.65- $ 18.30 per hour, plus gratuities)
- Restaurant Hosts ($16.39 – $20.48 per hour, plus gratuities)
- In Room Dining Servers ($14.43 – $18.03 per hour, plus gratuities)
- Banquet Porters & Servers ($14.43 – $18.03 per hour, plus gratuities)
- Journeyperson Cooks ($26.79 per hour)
- Dishwashers/Stewards Helpers ($18.50 – $23.16 per hour)
- Front Desk Agents ($19.09 – $23.84 per hour)
- Bellpersons ($14.65 – $18.30 per hour, plus gratuities)
- Willow Stream Spa: Spa Attendants, RMTs, Massage & Body Technicians and Aestheticians
If you’re looking for a job that is so much more than just paying your bills, look no further – with employer provided training, education and mentoring, this could you be a launching pad to advance your career in hospitality.
Brush up your resume and mark your calendars – on January 23rd you can meet with leaders from the hotel for an on-the-spot interview and see all that employment with Fairmont has to offer!
- When: Thursday, January 23rd – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Crystal Ballroom, Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street – Port Cochere entrance off Belleville Street
- What to bring: Prospective applicants are asked to bring a resume and to dress professionally.
The career fair starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends promptly at 1:00 p.m. Please arrive early to ensure you have the chance to meet with a hiring manager.
Unable to attend the career fair? Not to worry, you can still apply for any of the positions listed above online