Valentine’s Day is just days away, and there are several events taking place this year where you can move, laugh and celebrate, whether you’re looking to plan a special evening with your loved one, with friends, or if you’re just in an anti-Valentine’s Day mood.
Plan to make this year’s Valentine’s Day a good one and check out your options!
On February 7th and 8th, Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse is hosting an Acro Date Night instructed by local yogis! The evening includes a 2-hour workshop of acro yoga, partner stretching and Thai massage, followed by cider tasting and custom charcuterie plates.
This is a great option for a chance to connect with your partner or a close friend and no experience is necessary to attend.
- When: 6:45 p.m. -10:00 p.m., Friday, February 7th
- Where: Sea Cider Farmhouse, 2487 Mount St Michaels Road
- Admission: $150 per couple. Click here to get your tickets!
For the first time ever, the Royal BC Museum in partnership with MRG Vancouver Island will be putting on a special vintage-inspired Valentine’s Day event.
This adult-only evening will be complete with live music, photo booths, a burlesque performance, gallery exploration, and food and drinks.
- When: 8:00 p.m., Friday, February 14th
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- Admission: $49.95. For more details and ticket information, click here.
This unique Gala offers a red carpet experience for singles, couples, work teams and groups. You will have the opportunity to dance, mingle, and eat with live music playing all night long, and gourmet drinks and appetizers that are all locally sourced.
There will be games, silent auctions and trivia as well. If you want to celebrate while giving to a good cause, this is the event for you. Funds raised go to four local charities – The Mustard Seed Street Church & Food Bank, Victoria Cool Aid Society, Sooke Crisis Centre and Sooke Food Bank.
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m., Friday, February 14th
- Where: Da Vinci Centre, 195 Bay Street
- Admission: Tickets start at $50. Click here to purchase.
If this is your least favourite day of the year, why not turn it into a party? Music, laser lights, DJ’s and UV cannons will be taking over the White Eagle Polish Hall on February 14th from 8pm until 1am.
Get your tickets ahead of time because this event is a surefire a hit.
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m., Friday, February 14th
- Where: White Eagle Polish Hall, 90 Dock Street
- Admission: $20. Click here to purchase!
If you’re looking to spend your Valentine’s Day laughing until you cry, the Victoria Events Centre is the place to be.
Tinder Tales is a popular live comedic experience where performers share hilarious stories about their online dating adventures. You may have seen or heard the speakers on Just for Laughs, CBC Radio, or Zoofest.
With 150 sold out shows across Canada, you’ll want to get your tickets fast!
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Friday, February 14th
- Where: Victoria Events Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- Admission: $16. Click here to get your tickets.
Lucky Bar will be hosting a Valentine’s Day bash with nothing but current RnB and classic slow jams all night. Gather all your friends, or a loved one, and head downtown for a night of drink specials and smooth, sexy music.
- When: 11:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. Friday, February 14th
- Where: Lucky Bar, 517 Yates Street
- Admission: Click here for more details.
This isn’t exactly an event, but it is an incredible deal for couples looking to get busy on Valentine’s Day.
Hotel Zed is offering their four-hour “Nooner” package for $59 – and if you and your partner welcome a baby into the family within 9 months after a Nooner Baby Maker, you get 18 years of free Valentine’s Day overnight stays!
- When: Check in between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Friday February 14th
- Where: Hotel Zed, 3110 Douglas Street
- Admission: $59 for the 4 hour package, overnight stays available as well. Click here to read more.
There will be a pop-up market at Cascadia Liquor in Quadra Village for anyone looking to find a last minute present. Food and beverage vendors will be able to help you find a locally-sourced special gift for your loved one!