(Central Saanich Fire/Twitter)

A total of 17 residents have been displaced from a Brentwood Bay long term care facility.

At 9:27 p.m. on Monday, February 10th, Central Saanich fire crews with assistance from North Saanich and Sidney firefighters attended a structure fire at Brentwood House located at 1167 Stellys Cross Road.

According to Central Saanich Fire spokesperson Chris Vrabel, the building’s sprinkler system contained the blaze to the room where it originated until firefighters arrived.

Fortunately no one was injured, but 17 residents have been displaced due to smoke and water damage.

“All residents were re-located to another care facility in the community,” says Vrabel in an email to Victoria Buzz.

The cause of the fire appears to be a space heater that was being used in one of the rooms.

There is no word on when the displaced residents will be able to return to the building.

https://twitter.com/CSaanichFire/status/1227120330621292544