How many times have you stood in front of your closet and complained that you had nothing to wear, despite your wardrobe overflowing?
If you’re in need of a wardrobe mix-up, a clothing swap is the perfect eco-friendly (and wallet-friendly!) alternative to buying new.
So, how about a clothing swap at one of Victoria’s largest shopping centres, with the entire city invited?
Victoria Eco Fashion Week has partnered with the Bay Centre to level up the clothing swap game on Saturday, February 22nd, when you’ll have a chance to refresh your wardrobe and connect with the community – by swapping fashion in a sustainable and eco-friendly way.
All leftover clothes at the end of the swap will be taken and delivered to Victoria’s Women in Need Community Cooperative!
Victoria Eco Fashion Week is a project aimed at promoting Victoria as a good example of its sustainable lifestyle – not only for the locals, but also the thousands of tourists that visit the city every year. The Clothing Swap is a build-up event leading towards Victoria Eco Fashion Week, which is happening April 23rd to April 25th.
They hope to encourage other cities of the world to embrace an environmentally friendly lifestyle.
How it works
It’s easy! All you have to do is bring your gently worn items including clothing, shoes, accessories and jewelry for you to swap throughout the afternoon. Clothing drop off is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Clothing swap is 1:00 p.m. to 4: 00 p.m.
Have a bunch of stuff you’d love to swap?
Your swap clothes should be as follows:
- Gently used
- No holes or stains
- No tattered tees (unless by design)
- No missing buttons or broken zippers
Victoria Eco Fashion Week has the right to decline items at their discretion
How much can you swap?
- Bring 1 piece of clothing; receive up to 3 items
- Bring 2 pieces of clothing; receive up to 6 items
- Limit of 10 items dropped off
- Limit of 6 items picked up
- Where: The Bay Centre, Lower Level next to Chai Fashions – 1150 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday, February 22nd
- Clothing drop-off – 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Clothing Swap – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Swap clothes will be accepted until 3 p.m.