Robots, and 3D printers, and beer gardens, oh my!
It’s no secret that tech is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in Victoria, and when you get a huge collection of that hive mind under one roof, it’s kind of a big deal.
Discover Tectoria is just that – an epic exposition of over 75 Greater Victoria tech companies, research projects, interactive displays and community partners – all in one place!
Happening on Thursday, February 27th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Victoria’s Crystal Garden, not only is the event entirely free to attend, it’s the largest of its kind on the whole Island – attracting locals and visitors alike to discover the innovation that is tech in our fair city.
Whether you’re looking to interact with the biggest and brightest in the industry, take in some cool tech-related creations or even find leads on potential careers, VIATEC’s Discover Tectoria has a little bit of something for everyone!
Aside from two full floors of exhibitors, there is also a jam-packed lineup of speakers and panelists consisting of some of the biggest names in the industry.
Also new this year to the event, Locelle is proud to host Discover Tectoria’s first “Women in Tech Lounge” – a space for women to connect with like-minded women, learn about each other and hear from some incredible women leaders in Victoria about how they navigate their careers and thrive – how cool is that?
And the cherry on top?
They’re giving away four box suite tickets for the Victoria Royals – contest details are below!
Check out this incredible lineup of exhibitors (and where you can find them!) at Discover Tectoria:
- University of Victoria – Research District Sponsor / Booth #10
- WorkBC – Startup Alley Sponsor / Booth #30
- Camosun College – Exhibitor Recharge Sponsor / Booth #8
- Royal Roads University – Partner Row Sponsor / Booth #23
- Mitchell Digital – Print Sponsor / 2nd level table
- Used.ca – Media Sponsor / Entry table
- Alacrity Academy – Booth #1
- ALTADATA – Booth #15
- AOT Technologies – Booth #16/29
- Archipelago – Booth #9
- Avocette Technologies – Booth #25
- Axolotl Biosciences – Startup Alley table #50
- Bambora – Booth #6
- Barnacle Systems – Startup Alley #54
- Battlesnake – Booth #34
- Benevity – Booth #31
- Canada Learning Code – Partner Row #44
- Capitial Investment Network – Partner Row #42
- Certn – Booth #18
- Change.org – Booth #10
- Checkfront – Booth #17/28
- Codan Communications – Booth #20
- DivDot – Startup Alley table #55
- DreamCraft Attractions – Booth #22
- EncoreFX – Booth #27
- Ergonomyx – Startup Alley #46
- FIRST Robotics BC – Area #45 by Startup Alley
- FreshWorks – Booth #12/33
- FTS – Booth #36
- GetSmart Solutions – Booth #32
- Irving K Barber BC Scholarship Society – Partner Row #40
- Lighthouse Labs – Booth #38
- Locelle Digital – Startup Alley #53 / Women’s Tech Lounge
- MYRA Systems – Booth #3
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada – Partner Row #39
- NetMotion Software – Booth #35
- New Ventures BC – Partner Row #41
- NRC-IRAP – Partner Row #43
- Open Ocean Robotics – Startup Alley #56O
- PQA & PLATO Testing – Booth #26
- RaceRocks 3D – Booth #21
- Redbrick – Booth #5
- Reliable Controls – Booth #2
- RioT Technology Corp. – Startup Alley table #52
- Rockland Scientific International – Booth #4
- Rooof – Booth #13
- RT Prime Industries Group – Booth #24
- Salesforce Victoria Administrators Group – Startup Alley table #47
- Silius Technologies – Startup Alley #48
- StarFish Medical – Booth #7
- Stocksy United – Booth #14
- VIATEC – Career Corner: Booth #57
- Victoria Beer Society – Area #65 (2nd level Beer Sample Garden)
- Victoria Makerspace – Booth #37
- VRX – Area #64 (across from Beer Garden)
- Wiser Marine Technologies – Startup Alley table #51
- 4M Biotech Inc – Startup Alley table #49
CONTEST CLOSED ** Congratulations Dom Richards
For a chance to WIN four box suite tickets for the Victoria Royals, complete one or more of the following:
- LIKE VIATEC on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW VIATEC on Instagram and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on February 27th, 2020. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- When: Thursday, February 27th – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Crystal Garden, 713 Douglas Street
- Tickets: Completely FREE to attend!