If you’re on the hunt for the perfect Spring or Summer job, or looking to start your career at the most historic hotel in Victoria, the Fairmont Empress has got you covered!
Not only will you get the chance to come to work at a castle-like building every day, but you’ll get the opportunity to work with colleagues and guests from all over the world – not to mention your future favourite co-worker Winston, the hotel’s canine ambassador who you can find roaming the front lobby greeting those aforementioned guests.
Oh, and did we mention that the Empress has the best pay rates in the industry?
If any of the above sounds appealing to you, mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 4th – when the Fairmont Empress is holding their second career fair of the season – this one is going to be in the evening, so if you’ve got school or work during the day you can stop by after!
On top of this, employees receive incredible food, beverage and travel discounts and have the opportunity for growth – with 77 Fairmont Hotels around the world, and more than 4900 Accor Hotels in 110 countries, the world could literally be your oyster.
The Fairmont Empress was also named Indeed’s Top Employer and one of 2019’s Best Places to Work in Canada by Glassdoor, and it’s easy to see why!
Working at the Empress means you’re right in the heart of the city on the inner harbour, and your summer could be one full of fun with things like BBQs and yoga in their Rose Garden, Ice Cream Trucks on site, outdoor games, boat tours, beach volleyball, kayaking, and even more.
Fairmont Empress is hiring for full-time, part-time and seasonal positions starting from April to July of this year, and you can check out more info on the positions available below!
- Housekeeping ($18.32 – $22.88 per hour)
- With 464 rooms and over 100 room types, no work day will ever be the same! Get the chance to meet guests from all over the world, and learn valuable skills like how to make the perfect bed. Experience isn’t necessary, and this is a great way to start off in the industry!
- Food & Beverage Servers ($14.65- $ 18.30 per hour, plus tips)
- Q at the Empress restaurant, bar and veranda is a modernized homage to Queen Elizabeth, offering incredible food, creative cocktails and a view of the inner harbour. You can work with a diverse team in one of Empress’ most famed rooms – some previous experience required.
- Stewarding ($18.50 – $23.16 per hour)
- You’ll help support a large team working together to create incredible dining experiences for hotel guests, while behind the scenes supporting their stewarding and culinary department. No experience necessary!
- Guest Services ($14.65 – $18.30 per hour, plus tips)
- A chance to work in the front lobby with Winston all day? Sign us up! Walk guests to their rooms, meet people from all over the world and share your knowledge of the hotel and Victoria. Some experience required.
- Royal Service ($19.09 – $23.84 per hour)
- As cool as it sounds! You could be the “go-to” person for all guests – receive and redirect phone calls, respond to all varieties of inquiries, provide information, and go above and beyond to help everyone.
- Banquet Servers ($14.65 – $18.30 per hour, plus tips)
- It’s no secret the Empress is home to some of the most prestigious events ever! Work in a dynamic team servicing said events in beautiful spaces within the hotel, including the Palm Court, Crystal Ballroom and Bengal Lounge.
- Culinary ($18.68 – $27.19 per hour)
- Work alongside culinary professionals with decades of experience! Create mouth-watering meals made with local and sustainable ingredients with an ever-changing seasonal menu, where you can let your creativity soar.
If any of these sound like a good fit for you, brush up that resume and head to the Empress’ career fair on Wednesday, March 4th – they will be holding on the spot interviews with leaders from the hotel, and business casual dress is encouraged along with a paper copy of your resume!
- When: Wednesday, March 4th – 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Crystal Ballroom, Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street – Port Cochere entrance off Belleville Street
- What to bring: Prospective applicants are asked to bring a resume and to dress businss casual.
Unable to attend the career fair? Not to worry, you can still apply for any of the positions listed above online