It isn’t easy to pass the hours if you’re locked down, or in self-isolation. Thankfully, a handful of institutions have stepped in to keep our brains working and our boredom at bay.
Many universities and colleges across Canada and the United States are opening up their online courses for free over the next couple months.
View our list of free online education courses below, but remember, this list is not exhaustive!
If you don’t find what you’re looking for, go take a look at any of these universities’ websites for a complete list of courses offered.
- Ivy League college, Yale University has offered up one of it’s most popular courses for free – ‘The Science of Well Being’
- Looking to get creative in your newly-acquired spare time? Yale is offering a free Introduction to Classical Music course.
- For students missing classes, Varsity Tutors is offering 30 hours of free tutoring away a week. This is available to students from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- University of California Berkeley is offering a number of courses for free, including English Literature, Marketing, Data Analysis — and even the Science of Happiness. You can browse through the courses here.
- CourseEra for Campus opened their vault of courses for free through September 30th. They feature 3,800 courses, with over 400 specializations.
- Escape the present by delving into some history with Princeton’s Global History of Capitalism or China’s First Empires — two of many history courses Princeton is offering for free.
- If you’re looking to pick up a new skill while in self-isolation, freeCodeCamp is offering to teach users how to code for free. Visit their website here.
- Worried about your financial state? Check out How to Save Money: Make Smart Financial Decisions, made free by University of California, Berkeley.
- Education doesn’t always have to mean hitting the books! If you’re looking to expand your knowledge on physical fitness, Down Dog is offering free yoga, HITT, and barre classes.
Know of any other institutions offering courses? Drop us a line in the comment section!