Though in-person visits with the Easter Bunny himself may not be possible this year, one local shopping centre is still offering the chance to say hi with a fun twist – virtual visits via Zoom!
In light of the current physical distancing measures currently in place, Westshore Town Centre has come up a virtual alternative to one annual tradition – and it’s completely free to book your appointment – you just need to sign up for a Zoom account.
“We had a number of planned onsite initiatives that in light of the current COVID-19 situation unfortunately and understandably had to be cancelled,” says Kelly McClure, Marketing Manager at the Centre.
“That said, we didn’t want to cancel Easter entirely as our customers and their kids look very forward to their annual meet-and-greets with the popular rabbit. ‘Plan B’ allows for a high-touch, no physical contact solution that promises to still be a lot of fun.”
The safe and virtual time slots filled up so quickly that additional times were added, and spots from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on April 10th and April 11th are still available to book.
If your little one is looking for a little face-to-face time with the Easter Bunny, you’re able to book appointments online – appointments are limited, so make sure you sign up quick!
There is no cost to book the appointment, but the user needs to have set themselves up with a free Zoom account.
Westshore Town Centre is also offering extra Easter-themed fun for little ones to take part in at home, including colouring sheets that can be downloaded from the website and a craft video using items routinely found at home which can be viewed on Westshore Town Centre’s IGTV and Facebook.
View this post on Instagram
We’re doing Easter a little differently this year! Hop to our website (link in bio) to book your child’s one-on-one virtual visit with the Easter Bunny! All you need is a computer, smart phone or a tablet, and the ability to access #Zoom (no sign-up is required, but if using a mobile device, you’ll need to download the Zoom app). . 5-minute reservations are available from April 9 to 11 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM each day. . Get the eggs-citing deets on the event page at westshoretowncentre.com . . #EasterAtWestshore #athomeeaster #virtualeaster #easterbunny #easter #familyfriendly #community #westshore #langford #colwood #yyjevents #westshoreevents #victoriabuzz @zoom_video_communications
Here’s how to easily book your virtual Easter Bunny visit:
- Use the calendar here to reserve your preferred date and time.
- Your personal Zoom reservation link will be in your confirmation e-mail. Be sure to check your Spam or Junk folders as e-mails may end up in those folders.
- Regarding Zoom: while no sign-up is required, if you are using a mobile device for your virtual visit, you will need to download the Zoom app to hop on the call with the Easter Bunny
- If you do not receive your confirmation e-mail after 24 hours, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your child(s) name, phone number, and date and time of selected reservation.
- Bookings start and end on time. If you are unable to make it to your reservation, kindly book a new one as we are unable to make changes.
- Visits with the Easter Bunny will be approximately 5 minutes long.