Popular island destination Ogden Point Breakwater has officially reopened to visitors today with new signage installed requiring physical distancing.
The breakwater was taped off to visitors on March 24 after members of the public were seen gathering in close proximity and not adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
It has reopened to the public as of 10 a.m. on May 20, with signage that warns visitors to comply with health and safety guidelines while accessing the breakwater.
- Do not use if you are feeling sick or unwell.
- Maintain physical distancing: 2 metres or 6 feet apart.
- Remain single file when passing others.
- Stay to the right when walking.
- Ensure children and pets are kept close to your group.
- Wearing a mask is recommended.
- Do not loiter.
— Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (@gvicharbour) May 20, 2020
The reopening was announced as a result of the provincial government coming out with new guidelines to phase in increases to economic and social activity in the province.
If visitors ignore these rules, the GVHA may choose to close the space again.