After a nearly two month closure due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Strathcona Hotel’s Rooftop Patio announced it will be reopening for small group bookings.
The Rooftop Patio Facebook Page announced on Tuesday that the business was granted permission from Island Health for use of their volleyball courts, which normally open every summer from May to September.
The Rooftop Patio says that bookings will be subject to a number of restrictions, including:
- A maximum of 15 to 20 people in the court.
- Denial of entry to anyone who is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Mandatory use of hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the volleyball court area.
- Maximum of 10 people on the court at one time. 2-5 players per side.
- A 30 minutes wait time between bookings to ensure proper sanitization.
A full list of restrictions was posted to the Strathcona website on Tuesday, along with information on how to book the courts.
The Rooftop Patio reopened on May 21 with reduced seating, down from 300 to 110, but the courts remained closed until this latest announcement.
Make sure to reserve your spot!
Strathcona’s Rooftop Patio
- When: Courts Available 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Location: 919 Douglas Street
- How to reserve: Online or by phone at 250-220-8582