Cineplex announced on Tuesday that it will be reopening eight theatres across B.C. this Friday, including two theatres on Vancouver Island.
The announcement is part of what Cineplex says is a phased approach to reopening and the company says it anticipates the return of most theatres throughout the month of July.
Theatres will also be following new safety measures including reduced seating capacity, enhanced cleaning practices, and restricting payments to debit and credit purchases only.
Masks won’t be required but recommended.
Cineplex’s announcement follows the BC government’s move to Phase 3 of its reopening plan, which included loosening restrictions on businesses like hotels, resorts, and movie theatres.
The company first closed its theatres in response to the COVID-19 pandemic on March 16, 2020.
To celebrate the reopenings and welcome movie lovers again, Cineplex is offering $5 tickets and showing popular movies that you might not have been able to see in theatres.
That includes flicks like Bloodshot, The Invisible Man, Sonic The Hedgehog, Jumanji: The Next Level, Bad Boys For Life, Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey, The Way Back and I Still Believe.
The full list of locations opening on July 3rd includes:
- SilverCity Victoria Cinemas, Victoria
- Galaxy Cinemas Nanaimo, Nanaimo
- Cineplex Cinemas Metropolis, Burnaby
- Cineplex Cinemas Orchard Plaza, Kelowna
- Cineplex Cinemas Langley, Langley
- SilverCity Riverport Cinemas, Richmond
- Cineplex Cinemas Strawberry Hill, Surrey
- Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver, Vancouver