Ever wonder how to turn your unused treasure into a pocket full of cash while giving back to society at the same time?
Two local Victoria companies are partnering up to make that dream a reality.
#YearStartsHere, an exciting contest launched by Used.ca and Country Grocer, can win you a prize package worth $2,020, featuring $1,010 in free groceries from Country Grocer for one lucky winner.
A donation of $1,010 will be made on the winner’s behalf to a food bank in their community. The event runs from June 1 to June 29, 2020, and the winner will be announced on June 30, 2020, at 8:20 pm.
“We know that many people have been taking advantage of the extra time at home to get their homes organized,” Nicki Reich, Publisher and Director of Marketing at Used.ca said.
“So this is the perfect time to post those items they are purging on Used.ca to clear out the clutter and make some extra money. And bonus? Someone will win a lot of free groceries!” Reich added.
Considering the donation and contest as a win-win during these difficult times, Tammy Averill, Marketing Manager at Country Grocer said, “When Used.ca approached us with this campaign idea, we signed on right away.”
Here’s How To Enter
- Visit Used.ca and sign up for an account through Facebook or with your email address. Psst, it’s free to sign up!
- Gather your items to sell. The sky’s the limit here! A good rule is if you haven’t used it in the past year, you probably don’t need it. Clean or repair items if required and make sure they are fully assembled and ready to go.
- Take good quality photos on your mobile! Click here to learn how to take the best images for your ads.
- Draft descriptions for your items. Ads should be short and interesting. Follow these tips:
- Think SEO when creating your title: use keywords that people may be searching, don’t get too descriptive or creative here
- Tell people why you’re selling the item, i.e. “We forgot to return this in time.”
- What condition is the item in? Brand new, gently used, excellent, showing its age, etc.
- Don’t forget the measurements.
- Mention the materials: plastic, glass, type of wood, etc.
- Include the hashtag #YearStartsHere in your description
- Think about how much you want to charge for each item when you post it to a Used.ca Remember that transactions are usually done in cash, so prices that end in zero are easiest: $20, $50, $100, etc. Buyers will usually want to haggle the price so leave room in your pricing to lower it slightly but still get the amount you want.
Familiarize yourself with Used.ca’s posting policy so that once you post an ad it will be approved and ready to sell!
The Nitty Gritty:
- You will receive 5 entries for each ad posted on Used.ca with the hashtag #YearStartsHere
- You will receive 10 extra entries for every 10th ad you post with the hashtag #YearStartsHere