Victoria Buzz has your event planning covered this weekend with pet painting, live music, premier league football and more.
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice social distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
Country music singer Aaron Pritchett plays three more nights at the Mary Winspear Centre as part of a summer music series, Friday-Sunday. The Juno-nominated and Canadian Country Music Association Award-winning Pritchett recently released a new single, “Never Seen Me Like This.”
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Ave, Sidney.
- When: Friday, July 17 – Sunday, July 19, 7:30 p.m. nightly
- Cost: $68.25/person, book online at marywinspear.ca
Learn to create colourful and unique animal portraits from start to finish, using your own photographs. You will leave this workshop with a finished pet portrait of your very own devising, and some valuable skills with which to approach future paintings.
- Where: North Park Art Studio, 903 North Park Street #10
- When: Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cost: $130, all materials supplied, register online at laurabonnie.com
Victoria-based cover band Younger Than Yesterday will bring the classic rock hits to the Loft Pub Saturday evening. Physical distancing measures are in place and tables are booked in either groups of four or six.
- Where: The Loft Pub, 229 Gorge Rd. East
- When: Saturday July 18, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Cost: $40 for a table of four, $60 for a table of six. Book online at loftpubvictoria.com
Swan’s Brewery, Pub and Hotel has your hookup for Premier League Football. Throughout July they’ll be airing the games live for pub goers. Next match is on Sunday!
- Where: Swan’s Brewery, Pub & Hotel, 506 Pandora Ave.
- When: Next match Sunday, July 19, 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Cost: Free while tilting back a pint or having some nosh!
Bring your bike and a sturdy pair of work gloves to chip in and clean up some trails! The South Island Mountain Bike Society (SIMBS) will be performing trail maintenance on Sunday. Meet up with like-minded volunteers, chow down on a sandwich, and finish the day with a ride.
- Where: Mount Work Regional Park, Hartland parking lot, SIMBS tent
- When: 8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Sunday, July 19
- Cost: n/a, register in advance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org