Victoria Buzz has your event planning for the weekend July 25 to 26 covered, with COVID-19 safe events, outings, and workshops!
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice social distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
This west coast inspired modern jazz band will play some cool horn-driven jazz+funky music along with some clever jazz interpretations of some modern pop songs. Featuring Bryn Badel on Trumpet and Vocals.
- When: Saturday, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Brentwood Bay Resort (849 Verdier Ave.)
- Cost: Free with drinks/food, reservations recommended online.
Dreamland Silent Disco & Social Club hosts two Silent Dico Yoga sessions at SeaCider on Sunday. Admission gets you a wireless headset which allows you to hear the live DJ during the one hour yoga class, taught by Salt Spring Island local Amy Haysom. Also enjoy a complimentary cider tasting, along with coffee, tea, or bottled water from SeaCider. Note that you’ll need your own yoga mat!
- When: Sunday, 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Where: SeaCider, 2847 Mt. Saint Michael Road, Saanichton
- Cost: $25 + ticketing fees, book online at Eventbrite
Van Vogue Jam and independent artists are featuring a series of art workshops, and this month you can register for “Messages of Resistance: A Visual Arts Workshop.” Lead by visual artist Kimmortal, participants will be invited to create an art piece of hand drawn lettering, expressing messages of solidarity and resistance. The two hour workshop is free and will include information on lettering techniques and art/design suggestions.
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Open Space, 510 Fort Street, 2nd floor
- Cost: Free, email email@example.com
Welcome new coffee shop Fix! Coffee to the Victoria scene with a yummy drink and food event in Brentwood Bay. Sidney Scones will be on scene with – you guessed it – tasty scones, as will eight other vendors of tasty treats. Bring empty stomachs and come enjoy a scrumptious covid friendly Sunday afternoon.
- When: Sunday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Beauregard Cafe, 1191 Verdier Ave., Brentwood Bay
- Cost: Free!
The Moss Street Farmers’ Market is in its 29th year and is continuing as a “shop, don’t stop” experience, where visitors are encouraged to check out local produce but not to linger in large groups.
Vendors sell local and organic farm-fresh produce, local foods, handmade crafts, artisan clothing, inspiring services and community education.
- Where: Vendors spaced out along Sir James Douglas School, Robert J. Porter Park and Brooke St. Park.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday.
Tally-Ho is now offering a Tally-Ho & Sea Cider Picnic Experience for a limited time: it’s a three-hour long carriage tour showcasing the Saanich Peninsula, and including a complimentary coffee or tea from Fresh Cup Roastery Café, a flight of six award-winning ciders selected by Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, and a fresh gourmet meal prepared by Truffles Catering.
- When: Sunday, 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 1:45 p.m.
- Where: Tours depart from Fresh Cup Cafe & Roastery (101-1931 Mt. Newton X Rd, Saanichton, BC)
- Cost: $110 per carriage, seats up to five, call 250-514-9257 to book
Sponsored by the City of Victoria’s Creative Spotlight program, this pop-up show will feature live jazz, soul, pop and funk. The Trio is Alexander Ferguson on keyboards and vocals, Tyler Lieb on guitar, and Damian Graham on drums.
- When: Sunday from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Irving Park, 250 Menzies Street
- Cost: Free!