In case Vancouver Island residents needed further proof that they’re already in the best spot for a staycation this summer…
Travel + Leisure, a travel magazine based in New York, has issued their ranking of the top 10 resorts in Canada, with three of the businesses located in British Columbia.
Of those, clocking in at #3, is the luxurious Wickaninnish Inn located in Tofino—the Hawaii of Canada!
“The rugged-chic lodge sits between forest and the wild waters of the northern Pacific and comprises 72 rooms and suites with soaking tubs, fireplaces, and expansive balconies,” the magazine says about the Wickaninnish.
“‘Outstanding,’ raved one reader. ‘It’s one of the best stays we had in years.'”
This ranking is part of the magazine’s annual ‘World’s Best Awards’ series, in which readers of the publications are asked to weigh in through surveys from November 4, 2019, to March 2, 2020.
For hotels, respondents are asked to rate rooms/facilities, location, service, food, and value on a scale of ‘excellent’, ‘above average’, ‘average’, ‘below average’, or ‘poor’.
This isn’t the first time this year that the Wickaninnish Inn has featured on a ‘world’s best’ list.
In February, the famous Tofino resort was among four Vancouver Island hotels rated best in Canada in the U.S. News & World Report.
Without further ado, these are the top 10 resort hotels in Canada as ranked by Travel + Leisure readers:
- Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island, Newfoundland
- Manoir Hovey, North Hatley, Quebec
- The Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, B.C.
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, B.C.
- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta
- The Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alberta
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences, Whistler, B.C.
- The Lodge at Cabot Cape Breton, Inverness, Nova Scotia
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alberta
- Fairmont Le Château Montebello, Montebello, Quebec