From laughter to learning how to make paper fidget spinners with the kids, here are five things to do in and around Victoria today.
Comedy Night at the Mint is back! Each week they bring you the most hilarious comedians in the city. Each week Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring the most hilarious comedian’s in the city together for a wonderful evening of food, drink and fun!
Seating is limited, be sure to book your table online! There are options for 2, 4 or 6 only.
- When: 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414 Douglas Street
Dust off the old cowboy boots and pour yourself a shot of whiskey. It’s Boots & Bourbon Wednesdays at The Bard. Live music with Union Cartel.
- When: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Bard & Banker, 1022 Government Street
Oaklands Sunset Market has reopened with a modified format. There will have a selection of local farm and food vendors, including food trucks.
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: 1-2827 Belmont Avenue
Build your teams and test your knowledge! This is four rounds of Pub quiz for every skill level, from the “blinding halogens” to the ” dimming 60 watt bulbs.”
It’s FREE to play, no charge per person or per team and damn rights we have wicked prizes!
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Yates Street Taphouse Bar&Grill, 757 Yates Street
Things can be a little stressful these days, so we can all use a little help to stay calm. Join Briana Sadler, MakerLab Coordinator at Two Rivers Gallery in Prince George, to learn how to make paper fidget spinners (otherwise know as Flextangles)!
What you’ll need:
1. This template, printed out, on card stock or a heavy paper if possible: http://ow.ly/D2js50AKRr0
(If you are not able to do this for the session, they’ll give you a chance to trace the template on your device screen.)
2. Something to draw with (coloured pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
4. Glue or a glue stick
5. Scotch Tape
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Online
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice physical distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!