After rounding out the week with a bit of a downpour, it looks like clear skies ahead for a weekend of events in Victoria!
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice physical distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
Without further ado, here are five things to do this weekend, Saturday to Sunday, August 22-23:
Discover Local YYJ is an economic initiative created and hosted by the Victoria Women’s Professional Group to promote the small businesses in the Greater Victoria Area that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
They have partnered with locally owned and operated small businesses to provide discounts and special offers to the residents of Victoria between August 15th and 30th. Participants purchase a Discover Pass online, then use it to claim promotions and discounts offered by the vendors during the 15 days.
- When: All day long! Runs from August 15th to August 30th
- Where: All across Victoria
- Tickets: Purchase your Discover Pass online
The Victoria Symphony is taking to the streets with a Hop-on-Hop-off double-decker bus tour featuring the Brass Quintet. Travel to various locations and hear 15-minute sets including tunes like the Liberty Bell, La Peri and That’s A Plenty.
- When/Where: Saturday, August 22 – starts at 11:30 a.m. at the Fairmont Empress Hotel, see event page for staggered times and locations
- Where: Cameron Bandshell at Beacon Hill Park
- When: Saturday, August 22 – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Fort Common, 1019 Blanshard St. (enter through gate beside Be Mine)
- When: Saturday, August 22 – 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- To register: Head to their website to register a seat.
Enjoy their 40s and 50s juke joint blues. $10 at the door. Advance tickets.
- Where: The Loft Pub, 229 Gorge Road East
- When: Saturday, August 22 – 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Are you up for the challenge, Victoria? Habitat for Humanity Victoria is hosting a fun, FREE family-friendly event this Sunday and you’re invited!
In honour of their latest build project in North Saanich, Habitat for Humanity has created a physically distanced day of celebration where visitors can learn more about their current build, tour the site and compete for tons of fabulous prizes – all while helping raise funds for eleven local families.
- Where: 2166 Bakerview Place, North Saanich
- When: Sunday, August 23rd – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- To register: Head to their website to register your group!
- Where: 2167 Oak Bay Avenue
- When: Sunday, August 23 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No matter the season, The Butchart Gardens are sure to put on a show.
- When: Daily, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with viewing until 5:00 p.m.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
Often called “The greatest little show on earth,” Miniature World is a one-of-a-kind Victorian experience. The perfect activity for the young and young at heart, this little museum brings everything from historical battles to childhood fantasy lands to life in miniature.
- When: Daily (except closed Monday), 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Miniature World, 649 Humboldt Street