As you head out to enjoy the day, be mindful of the lower air quality due to the smoke in the air from the Washington state fires.
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice physical distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
Without further ado, here are five things to do today, Friday September 11th:
Stop by Uptown and personalize a mask for free. Choose from a variety of premade designs.
- When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: #113 Uptown Boulevard (across from Town Plaza)
Head to Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse every Friday for some delicious eats from your favourite local food trucks! With 10 acres of farm, there is plenty of space for distancing. The brand new cider garden is open on Fridays for this special occasion. Food Truck Fridays are the perfect way to kick-off your weekend! Today’s truck will be Indecent Risotto.
- When: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Mt. St. Michael Road
Category 12’s first stand up comedy night!
- When: 8 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Category 12 Brewing, 2200 Keating Cross Road #C
No matter the season, The Butchart Gardens are sure to put on a show.
- When: Daily, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with viewing until 5:00 p.m.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
Often called “The greatest little show on earth,” Miniature World is a one-of-a-kind Victorian experience. The perfect activity for the young and young at heart, this little museum brings everything from historical battles to childhood fantasy lands to life in miniature.
- When: Daily (except closed Monday), 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Miniature World, 649 Humboldt Street