Smoke has (mostly) cleared and the air is filled with pleasant, cleansing rain! It’s the perfect time for Things to Do around Victoria.
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice physical distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
Without further ado, here are six things to do this weekend!
One of Victoria’s largest weekly summer farmer’s markets is back for its 29th year at a new and expanded location to help vendors and customers practice proper physical distancing. Enjoy fresh, local produce, delicious food and handmade goods.
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Sir James Douglas school grounds and Moss Street and Thurlow Road boulevards
Burnside Gorge Community Association wants YOU: to help clean up the waterway! There are some changes to the event this time around; pre-registration is required to ensure safe distancing and to manage event numbers. To sign up, please email email@example.com or call 250-388-5251. Participants are encouraged to bring their own boots and gloves.
- When: Saturday, one of three time slots: 9 a.m. to 10:30am, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Selkirk Green Park, 350 Waterfront Crescent
Check out the Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse on Saturday for an exciting pop-up with Empire Donuts! Enjoy sweet treats with a cider flight or grab some to go! Saturday, September 19th from 12pm until they sell out!
- When: Saturday, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Mount Saint Michael Road
- When: Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m.
- Where: Online through Twitch.tv
- When: Saturday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: The Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
Anney’s Closet seeks donations of gently used household goods to help girls and women who are starting over. Volunteers will be on hand to receive your goods at the charity’s storage locker at U-Haul Mini Storage. Please note clothing donations are not accepted! A list of current goods needed can be found at sivw.ca/ac/how-it-works/ac-needs/
- When: Saturday at 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: U-Haul Mini Storage, 1621 Island Highway