Halloween is sneaking up, and with that said, it might be time to treat yourself to a tour of the Craigdarroch Castle or Hatley Castle to get yourself into the spooky season.
As you head out to activities and events, please follow the restrictions and guidelines that these businesses require to keep their employees and patrons safe during the pandemic.
As always, wash your hands, wear masks, practice physical distancing, and stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms!
Without further ado, here are six things to do today!
If you’re looking to prove your athletic prowess this fall, look no further than Victoria’s latest and greatest sports-themed entertainment – Iron & Wood Golf Simulators.
And no, it’s not just golf you can try your hand at; Iron & Wood features 12 multisport games to choose from, ranging from hockey, baseball & even zombie dodgeball.
- When: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. – book online.
- Where: 3453 Saanich Road
The Ghostly Walk Halloween tours are said to be the best way to experience Halloween in Victoria. These 90 minute tours include locations such as Bastion Square, Parliament Building, Pendray Inn, St. Andrews Cathedral, James bay and Bent Mast, Trounce Alley and more!
- When: October 9th to October 31st. Tours begin at 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The tours begin at the archway entrance to Market Square (560 Johnson Street)
Hatley Castle is another well known and allegedly haunted monument in Victoria. The Castle was built in 1908 for a Lieutenant and his family and eventually turned into a naval military academy.
Over the years, many ghosts have been spotted within and around the castle. Although the guided tours are not running at this time, visitors are welcome to visit the gardens. Controlled access will be in place to ensure a 50 visitor capacity limit at this time.
- When: Garden access is open to the public between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m daily.
- Where: 2005 Sooke Road
Craigdarroch Castle is a historic, Victorian-era Scottish Baronial mansion thought to be a haunted site in Greater Victoria. Visit this Halloween season to take a 75 minute guided tour of the castle and grounds. Tours must be booked in advance online or by phone.
- When: Open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (with the exception of Thursdays). Tours begin daily at 10:20 a.m. with the last tour of the day beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- Where: 1050 Joan Crescent
No matter the season, The Butchart Gardens are sure to put on a show. Notice: This event is outdoors. Make sure to check the air quality before heading out.
- When: Daily, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with viewing until 5:00 p.m.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue